New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tdb9901 wrote:I'm here
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ConfusedPerson1942 wrote:Hi
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re:

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Austrian6714 wrote:Hi, I'm Dylan from Oklahoma interested in learning a few new things from y'all. My Mosin is a 1942 Tula PEM Ex Sniper, beautiful condition, this is my whitetail rifle also. Not going to bubbafy it, gonna keep it basically original. So far my mods are

C&R Slack Spring
Finn Sear Spring
Shimmed
Smith Classic Adjustable Sight
Original Turn Down Bolt
Getting ready to sand the barrel channel, to free float
Welcome to the board Dylan, use the rifle as it is, sanding the stock will not likely improve it's performance to any noticeable degree. It's a light barrel on an ordinary infantry rifle, the bore has been use, it has wear, there is just only so much you can get out of them. Your best bet is to work up a good handload that shoots well in the rifle.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lane64

Post by Lane64 »

Hi, I'm lane
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Lane64 wrote:Hi, I'm lane
Hello Lane, welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Tony6885

Post by Tony6885 »

Hello,
New to the board, just picked up my Mosin about 4 days ago. Sighting her in and taking her hunting within the next 2 weeks, pretty excited about that. I have tried to do research to figure out where she's from, where she's been, etc etc. Figured out the majority of it, which is cool to me, but I'm puzzled about 1 specific stamping on my rifle. Under the coking knob, where the metal meets the wood, there is a stamp that reads "2-7" and there is a "r" or almost like a palm tree looking stamp next to it. The picture, or whatever it is, is slightly larger than the "2-7". Any ideas? I can try to submit a picture, but I am new to forums and don't know how to do so. Thanks!
cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee »

New member from Florida...Just trying to learn. I have a Mosin Nagant being shipped. :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tony6885 wrote:Hello,
New to the board, just picked up my Mosin about 4 days ago. Sighting her in and taking her hunting within the next 2 weeks, pretty excited about that. I have tried to do research to figure out where she's from, where she's been, etc etc. Figured out the majority of it, which is cool to me, but I'm puzzled about 1 specific stamping on my rifle. Under the coking knob, where the metal meets the wood, there is a stamp that reads "2-7" and there is a "r" or almost like a palm tree looking stamp next to it. The picture, or whatever it is, is slightly larger than the "2-7". Any ideas? I can try to submit a picture, but I am new to forums and don't know how to do so. Thanks!
Welcome to the board, the vast majority of the small stamps you will find on the Mosin rifle are unknown, and likely inspection stamps. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

cmcgehee wrote:New member from Florida...Just trying to learn. I have a Mosin Nagant being shipped. :lol:
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
The Bongo

Post by The Bongo »

Hi All. Looking to purchase a long Mosin for Deer and target in the UK.
constantshooter

Post by constantshooter »

dolk wrote:
Welcome to RMNF
(russian-mosin-nagant-forums)
We are glade you are here.......and happy you joined us!

Please make your first post here (or anywhere on the forums for that matter). Anything, just let us know you are here.

Ask Plenty of questions because we have some of the most informed and friendly experts right here.
They look forward to answering you, they really do. Just ask and you will see how fast a response you will get! :thumbsup:

Make a new thread and post photos of your Mosin. We love nothing better than to look at Mosin photos!
We can look at those marks and every so often, someone will have something rare and they never knew it.

Welcome to the forums

From all of the Administrators and the members!

im here

(this thread was started new, old one got too big!)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hey guys, I'm brian from upstate NY. I was guided here by a guy I know, I've been interested in getting my C&R license for some time now and I think I'm going to finally go for it!

Thanks for having me.
tony t

Post by tony t »

Hi eveyone. I am recent russian milsurp collector from western canada. I love my mosin rifles and use them at work for pest control purposes. My 1943 91/30 is a great accurate shooter. I recently bought a molot m44 and cant wait to clean it up and try it out. I will post some pics soon.
GordonaireArms

Post by GordonaireArms »

Hi. I have a few 91/30s and a m38. I just bought my first m91. Expect to have it in my hands in a week to 10 days.
dknoffsinger

Post by dknoffsinger »

Greetings, I'm Devin from Kirbyville, MO.
Shooter, collector, reloader since 1978.
Devin K Noffsinger
DKN Gunsmithing
MrMarc

Hi New Here and New to Mosin

Post by MrMarc »

Hello to All

Just recently I was given a old rifle the turn out to be a 1932 Tikkakoski M/27
Hoping to learn more about it here...

from what i have seen this site has a ton of info and the poster seem to have wealth of knowlege
Fulgrim

Post by Fulgrim »

Hello Everyone,

Just putting in my first post. I had a couple Mosins for a while but in the last couple weeks I started buying more. So I thought it was a good idea to get registered here.
Jas1900

Post by Jas1900 »

Hello all. Just joined this forum. Have many varying nagants and finnish versions as well. Have a question about the rarity and collectibility of the early antique pre 1900 sestorytsk made weapons. Any ideas?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Brian wrote:Hey guys, I'm brian from upstate NY. I was guided here by a guy I know, I've been interested in getting my C&R license for some time now and I think I'm going to finally go for it!

Thanks for having me.
Welcome to the board Brian, have fun with that C&R :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tony t wrote:Hi eveyone. I am recent russian milsurp collector from western canada. I love my mosin rifles and use them at work for pest control purposes. My 1943 91/30 is a great accurate shooter. I recently bought a molot m44 and cant wait to clean it up and try it out. I will post some pics soon.
Welcome to the board Tony :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt