New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

T-trex wrote:Hello All,
Was a former member but must have been deactivated due to inactivity. Love the site and happy to be back. Hope to find more time to enjoy my 1945 Tula and 1956 Russian SKS.

Tom
You were not deactivated, you were a member of the old board, Bob Wheeler closed it in 2011, everyone had to reregister on this board. :vcool: :thumbsup: Welcome back.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

dohcsvt wrote:New to mosins, not to milsuprs. Just a bot a PU sniper and am pretty amazed with its accuracy!
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tzar Lonza wrote:I got my first Mosin Nagant in 2010 I have quite a collection now 1 91/30 sniper Tula, 2 M44 carbine, 20 91/30 (and create), and 1 91/30 ugly gun (91/30 with the archangel stock, scope rail, and 4x45 scope)
Welcome to the board...ugly gun...yea, they turn up like that sometimes, but sounds like you have some nice ones also. :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Guy with two Mosins

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Patriot1776 wrote:I'm from Williston Nd/ New York. I just picked up my first two Mosins a 1929 Izhevsk hex and a 1943 Izhevsk. I will deff be asking and posting pics to know all I can.
Theodore Roosevelt
Packy

Post by Packy »

Good day all...
My first post, very happy to see this forum, great site.
I have an Izhevsk 1943 91/30 and a Yugo 59/66A1 ... The Yugo is presently out to Murry's in Tx. for firing pin and bolt work, and a ream neck and throat job.
I own other guns, but really enjoy the Mosin.
Thanks
Tim
rivets1

Post by rivets1 »

Collecting milsurps 5 years, have 18, Mosin portion includes three 91/30's, M91 NEW, M38, Finn M39, M27, M28/30.
Scottidog498

Post by Scottidog498 »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for letting me join I have been drawn to Mosin's of all different types for many years. I wish I started collecting earlier when they were so cheap, don't get me wrong they are still very inexpensive for what you get but it would of been cool to be able to buy one for 59.00 and ammo that was dirt cheap. again I would like to say thanks for letting me join. I will be posting some pictures soon.

Scottidog498
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Packy wrote:Good day all...
My first post, very happy to see this forum, great site.
I have an Izhevsk 1943 91/30 and a Yugo 59/66A1 ... The Yugo is presently out to Murry's in Tx. for firing pin and bolt work, and a ream neck and throat job.
I own other guns, but really enjoy the Mosin.
Thanks
Tim
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

rivets1 wrote:Collecting milsurps 5 years, have 18, Mosin portion includes three 91/30's, M91 NEW, M38, Finn M39, M27, M28/30.
Welcome to the board, sounds like a nice collection, got any pictures? Open up a topic in on the Mosin board, we love gun pics here :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Scottidog498 wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks for letting me join I have been drawn to Mosin's of all different types for many years. I wish I started collecting earlier when they were so cheap, don't get me wrong they are still very inexpensive for what you get but it would of been cool to be able to buy one for 59.00 and ammo that was dirt cheap. again I would like to say thanks for letting me join. I will be posting some pictures soon.

Scottidog498
It was cool to buy Mosins at $59, even cooler to buy them at $40, or $20, coolest of all was getting them for free ( Chinese type 53 1988 ) Welcome to the board, for the most part that time is over, inflation, lack of supply and climbing demand saw to that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Yurch

Post by Yurch »

Hello all! Bought my first Mosin about a month ago. All cleaned up and ready to go. Plan to take it to the range as long as the rain holds off.
thorsbeans

Post by thorsbeans »

Hi, I'm Tyler. I just recently got into acquiring old rifles and it got me hooked. My Mosin Nagant is my first one and I'm looking to get more. I have many other modern firearms also. Some that I've built myself. Also just started to reload. So I have a lot of new things to learn and hopefully get some great info from ya'll
Eastmesamosin1942

Post by Eastmesamosin1942 »

Hi all.. Just got my first mosin. It's a 1942 Izhevsk M91/30. I can't wait to go out shooting. :alien:
Eastmesamosin1942

Post by Eastmesamosin1942 »

Hi all just got my first mosin. It's a 1942 Izhevsk M91/30. Can't wait to take it out shooting :alien:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yurch wrote:Hello all! Bought my first Mosin about a month ago. All cleaned up and ready to go. Plan to take it to the range as long as the rain holds off.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

thorsbeans wrote:Hi, I'm Tyler. I just recently got into acquiring old rifles and it got me hooked. My Mosin Nagant is my first one and I'm looking to get more. I have many other modern firearms also. Some that I've built myself. Also just started to reload. So I have a lot of new things to learn and hopefully get some great info from ya'll
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Eastmesamosin1942 wrote:Hi all.. Just got my first mosin. It's a 1942 Izhevsk M91/30. I can't wait to go out shooting. :alien:
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
tdb9901

Post by tdb9901 »

I'm here
ConfusedPerson1942

Post by ConfusedPerson1942 »

Hi
Austrian6714

Post by Austrian6714 »

Hi, I'm Dylan from Oklahoma interested in learning a few new things from y'all. My Mosin is a 1942 Tula PEM Ex Sniper, beautiful condition, this is my whitetail rifle also. Not going to bubbafy it, gonna keep it basically original. So far my mods are

C&R Slack Spring
Finn Sear Spring
Shimmed
Smith Classic Adjustable Sight
Original Turn Down Bolt
Getting ready to sand the barrel channel, to free float