1937 cz 24 bringback

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
fintowin

1937 cz 24 bringback

Post by fintowin »

Got me a CZ 24 that is purported to be a WWII bringback. The holster has the soldiers name and his years of service. He apparently mistook the pistol for a "lugar". Anyway, I only have $250 in it, so it's win-win for me, no matter what. Has all matching numbers including the magazine, and an extra mag. Shoots great, by the way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1937 cz 24 bringback

Post by Longcolt44 »

It may have had a Luger in it at one time. Very ice little CZ. Even rarer would be the Sharpie felt tip pen in '43 or '44 he used to write on the holster with.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

No doubt. I didn't pay extra for the story. I saw the hole in the holster, and thought maybe it had a "lugar" in it at one time. Or...it's a BS story. Either way, 250 bucks is not a prolem. The name on the holster checks out as legit, but that still doesn't prove anything.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Cwcoolcow

Post by Cwcoolcow »

Very nice find. Great price. Matching mag with a "flat" baseplate! Outstanding. The holster actually looks right for a german carry. Some well meaning person might have been a little confused about this pistol some time later. Probably trying to help :-) Who knows. This is my favorite CZ for shooting. Enjoy!
entropy

Post by entropy »

That is a pre-war CZ24; made before '38, no Waffenampt, and does not say "Bohemische Waffenfabrik" on the rib. You did very well on the price. 8-) I had a Waffenampt one many years back; it was very accurate, and a handy carry gun. I'd like to collect WWI-WWII era .380's, but the prices have gone way up from when I had that Cz24 and a Colt M1908. :shock:

I paid $50 for my Cz24, and traded a S&W M19 I paid $125 for for the Colt. Back then, you could pick up Ortgies .380's for $25-$50; I knew one cop who had one for a 'throwdown'.

You might find this some handy info. I had to figure mine out the hard way. :wink:

Field Stripping:
With magazine empty, retract the slide. The slide will lock open, relieving tension on the pin that retains it.
On the right side, press in on the protruding end of the retaining pin. Slide the left side locking tab down, out of the frame, and pull the pin out from the left side.
Hold the slide back with one hand and remove the magazine with the other.
Ease the slide forward off the frame.
Turn the barrel bushing approximately 30 and remove it from the slide.
Remove the barrel through the front of the slide.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
finloq

Post by finloq »

Absolutely beautiful
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"