New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Totten86 wrote:Hey guys,
Another new guy here. I've been collecting mosins for a few years and am just about to pick up my first arsenal rebuilt PU sniper. Hopefully I can pick up on some of the vast wealth of knowledge on this forum.
Taylor
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

drjlove78 wrote:Hi All,

New to the forum and new owner of a Mosin-Nagant M44. I bought it on a whim at local gun shop. Couldn't pass it up. I'm interested in learning more and participating on the forum.

Regards,

Joe
Hello Joe, welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
dude

Post by dude »

Hi folks,

Making a quick intro. Been lurking for a few weeks without posting and have been enjoying reading and learning.

Few weeks ago I picked up a refurb not so special 91/30 Tula 1939. Bought some Wolf 180g and Russian surplus from the early 80's and have been having tons of fun shooting it and learning about old Mosins in general!

Best Regards,

Dude
Eyelawdoc

Post by Eyelawdoc »

Hello,

Yesterday, I bought my first Mosin, an unissued 1955 Romanian M44. It is in great shape with all numbers matching. I found this forum today and look forward to learning more about my "new" rifle. :D
Mercado

Post by Mercado »

Hello,

First post, bought my first Mosin up at a recent gun show, excited to learn more about it.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

dude wrote:Hi folks,

Making a quick intro. Been lurking for a few weeks without posting and have been enjoying reading and learning.

Few weeks ago I picked up a refurb not so special 91/30 Tula 1939. Bought some Wolf 180g and Russian surplus from the early 80's and have been having tons of fun shooting it and learning about old Mosins in general!

Best Regards,

Dude
Welcome to the board Dude :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Eyelawdoc wrote:Hello,

Yesterday, I bought my first Mosin, an unissued 1955 Romanian M44. It is in great shape with all numbers matching. I found this forum today and look forward to learning more about my "new" rifle. :D
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Mercado wrote:Hello,

First post, bought my first Mosin up at a recent gun show, excited to learn more about it.
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Dave53

Post by Dave53 »

Hello, I've recently become interested in these rifles, so I thought I'd join this forum and learn.

Dave
petapal

Post by petapal »

Aloha from Illinios, the state where our ex governors make our license plates. Glad to be here.
Bryan
Forgiven1

Post by Forgiven1 »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt, and I am a brand new member. I just recently learned about the awesomeness of the Mosin Nagant, and this forum.

I picked up my first 2 Mosins this year within a couple of months of each other. One is a great example of a Russian mil surp with nearly all the parts, and the other is one I'm attempting to rescue.

Looking forward to learning about these guns.

Matt
petapal

Post by petapal »

Aloha from sunny Illinois, the only state that has their past governors making our license plates. I've got a couple Mosins, they're fun to shoot.
Thanks
Bryan
Enemy_at_the_gates

Post by Enemy_at_the_gates »

Greetings,
I am new to the Mosin's and will be receiving my Uncles Mosin Nagant in the first week of October, I am not sure what type it is other than a Russian version I believe from 1943.
I come seeking knowledge on preserving it properly, happy to have found this site.
I will post more after taking possession of the fire arm and decoding the markings on it to see exactly what I have.
Thanks for a serious site on preserving these weapons.
I plan on using this rifle approximately once a month when completed.
I am not sure if this site is just for "Museum Level Mosin's" or Shooters grade as well?
The 2nd Amendment is Non-negotiable !
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

Hi everyone! This is my 1943 M91/30. Looking to learn more about the markings on this cool old rifle.

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dave53 wrote:Hello, I've recently become interested in these rifles, so I thought I'd join this forum and learn.

Dave
Welcome to the board Dave :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

petapal wrote:Aloha from Illinios, the state where our ex governors make our license plates. Glad to be here.
Bryan
Welcome to the board Bryan :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Forgiven1 wrote:Hi Everyone,

My name is Matt, and I am a brand new member. I just recently learned about the awesomeness of the Mosin Nagant, and this forum.

I picked up my first 2 Mosins this year within a couple of months of each other. One is a great example of a Russian mil surp with nearly all the parts, and the other is one I'm attempting to rescue.

Looking forward to learning about these guns.

Matt
Welcome to the board Matt :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Enemy_at_the_gates wrote:Greetings,
I am new to the Mosin's and will be receiving my Uncles Mosin Nagant in the first week of October, I am not sure what type it is other than a Russian version I believe from 1943.
I come seeking knowledge on preserving it properly, happy to have found this site.
I will post more after taking possession of the fire arm and decoding the markings on it to see exactly what I have.
Thanks for a serious site on preserving these weapons.
I plan on using this rifle approximately once a month when completed.
I am not sure if this site is just for "Museum Level Mosin's" or Shooters grade as well?
Welcome to the board, we are a board for military surplus rifles in unaltered condition, many of us shoot our Mosins regularly. There is no " shooters grade" Mosin, they are all antiques, and collectables, some just more expensive and harder to find than others.
Theodore Roosevelt
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

They are all shooting grade, unless they won't shoot at all. Some are nicer looking is all.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
Enemy_at_the_gates

Post by Enemy_at_the_gates »

Thanks for the Welcome.
I just purchased my 1st 91/30 Mosin but I didn't until reading A LOT about them from this site which is great by the way.
My first one is a 1940 Tula with all matching numbers with the exception of the mag receiver bottom plate which has a struck out number and the new one added.
Every other number matches.
The bore is nice and clean and the rifling appears to be in perfect condition.
The cleaning rod is intact and all the wood work is in great shape with no signs of being refinished, repaired or patched.
The one thing I could not find on the net in regards to mine is the stamp of BK in front of the serial #.
It does have an import number etched on the receiver (Dot matrix style).
I am looking forward to cleaning it up a little (cosmoline removal) and bringing it to the range.
I did find a nice marking on it, (A #1 in a triangle) which seems to be a positive sign from what I could find online.
Very surprising to find one in such good shape, I know I'll enjoy the Mosin for many years to come.
I wanted one for the fact that I am concerned about the political climate today and wanted at least one Russian made weapon in my collection.
I will post pictures in the proper forum in a week or two as it will take that long to replace my damaged camera.
Thanks for letting me join your group, I am thrilled that such a place is possible.
The 2nd Amendment is Non-negotiable !