Broke in the new 3wt rod

ponycarman

Broke in the new 3wt rod

Post by ponycarman »

Went out this morning with my dad. Had an awesome time. This was the first trip with the new 7ft 6 3wt classic trout rod. Used an okuma sierra reel and a hook and hackle line. Made a nice little outfit for the money.

I caught maybe 7-8 green sunfish and three trout yay! One brown and two rainbows. One of the rainbows flipped himself off the hook when I was trying to grab him. I desperately need a nice trout net. Had a great time though. Rod and reel performed perfectly. I feel like a real trout fisherman now haha.

The brown trout.

One of the rainbows. Was a fun fight on the 3wt.

Caught lots of these too. Fun to catch and neat looking as well.

I am beginning to appreciate how pretty trout are and also how changing they are to catch. There were many in the stream but it was difficult to get them to bite.

Dad only caught one sunfish. Not sure why he is having such a hard time catching stuff with a fly. He has had a lot of catch less days when I'm catching things. It's probably frustrating me more than him though.

Thanks for listening to me blab. Just wanted to share my trip today with ya'll.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
redspoon

Re: Broke in the new 3wt rod

Post by redspoon »

Looks like a fun time :thumbsup:
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

It was very fun :biggrin:
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt