Yugo M24/47

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Mosin-Marauder

Yugo M24/47

Post by Mosin-Marauder »

Hello all,

I'm wanting to get one of these M24/47 Yugo Mausers from Samco Global Arms for my birthday, and I was just wondering is there anyway to prevent me from getting a bad rifle? I'd be getting the "special select" quality and I don't think it's too fair to get the best condition they have and get some beater with a shot out rusted bore. Has anyone had good experience with Samco? Also, if anyone has any groups from 100 yards with this rifle (M24/47) I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

-Mo.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Yugo M24/47

Post by Longcolt44 »

Samco is a reputable dealer. been around for a long time. My 24/47 is a good shooter. It shoots better than I do.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I like my 24/47. go for it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Mosin-Marauder

Post by Mosin-Marauder »

I figured I should have at least one Mauser in my collection. It'd be another caliber I could hand load for. I've heard they're actually pretty darn good shooters too. PPU ammo shoots well in them I hope?
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Probly. I shoot surplus for now in mine. When that runs out it will be handloads or commercial
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I have ued Turk surplus in mine and had excellent results.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Vati66

Post by Vati66 »

I have bought several rifles from samco with no issues. Shipping was a little slow but the guns (including my m24/47) were received in as advertised condition. I would have no issues buying from them again.

Vati
Mosin-Marauder

Post by Mosin-Marauder »

I'm hearing all these good things, I might have to buy one sooner! :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They all seem to be about the same, I don't recall anyone complaining about getting a bad one.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
JDH88

Post by JDH88 »

Found this earlier this week, although not SAMCO I figured it'd be for reference only. Looks like a nice representation for a decent price.

http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_info. ... s_id=35336
target

Post by target »

I really like mine. Solid rifles that are pretty accurate with most surplus ammo.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

:pointup: Very nice
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I think the 24/47 is the best of the Yugo's but I like them all. BTW, I once said that I should probably get a Mauser to see what all the fuss is. Mauseritis, as I soon learned, is a close cousin to Mosinitis :facepalm1: You have been warned :lol:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

qz2026 wrote:I think the 24/47 is the best of the Yugo's but I like them all. BTW, I once said that I should probably get a Mauser to see what all the fuss is. Mauseritis, as I soon learned, is a close cousin to Mosinitis :facepalm1: You have been warned :lol:
And then there is "Enfielditis" or as the Brits call it "SMLE Fever" :British:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain