New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
BKM224

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by BKM224 »

Hello all. I'm a New Mosin Collector.. I have 3 Mosins. So far I have.. A 1931 and 1932 Hex Receiver (Both Izhevsk) and a 1946 M44 Carbine (Also Izhevsk) that I saved from Bubba... :) I'm planning to add many more.
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

Hmmm, sounds like a spy.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tommy72 wrote:Hello I am new here and my name is tom aka tommy72 got me a 1942 tula
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

BKM224 wrote:Hello all. I'm a New Mosin Collector.. I have 3 Mosins. So far I have.. A 1931 and 1932 Hex Receiver (Both Izhevsk) and a 1946 M44 Carbine (Also Izhevsk) that I saved from Bubba... :) I'm planning to add many more.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BKM224

Post by BKM224 »

Thanks Junk Yard Dog. I'm glad to be here. :)
RickW

Post by RickW »

Howdy folks, I guess I'm the new kid(?)on the block now. I have a few old military guns and I just absolutely love them. There's quite a history behind them too. Hope to learn more here while putting in my 2 cents worth at the same time! :2cents: :D
BruceGFL

Post by BruceGFL »

Good Day All, after purchasing my first Mosin I found your forum and like it very much. At a local estate auction I picked up a Polish M44 in unissued minty condition. Absolutely love it and now have to find a shooter. I am in Central Florida and fortunately my local gun shop has a good supply of new and surplus ammo.
RickW

Post by RickW »

Howdy folks, I was here last night and submitted my post, but I don't know what happened to it. So I figured that I better post again to stick to the rules. I have a 1929 Tula, hex receiver, ex-dragoon, 91/30 Mosin Nagant. I don't think there's anything special about it except for the history that all these rifles have. As a Viet Nam Era Veteran myself(1972 to 1975, Army), I have a lot of respect for these old war horses, no matter what country they come from. A soldiers life depended on them.
RickW

Post by RickW »

Howdy folks. I guess I'm the new kid on the block. I have a 1929 Tula, hex receiver, ex-dragoon. I don't think there's anything special about it except for it being an old war horse. I have a lot of respect for these war rifles because I'm a Viet Nam Era Veteran myself(army, 1972 to 1975). I have a couple of old 9mm Makarovs too that me and my 13 year old daughter like to shoot too. A few more American made guns that either masy or may not be more reliable, but I reload for all of them except for the .22 rifle.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

RickW wrote:Howdy folks, I guess I'm the new kid(?)on the block now. I have a few old military guns and I just absolutely love them. There's quite a history behind them too. Hope to learn more here while putting in my 2 cents worth at the same time! :2cents: :D
Welcome to the Board Rick :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

BruceGFL wrote:Good Day All, after purchasing my first Mosin I found your forum and like it very much. At a local estate auction I picked up a Polish M44 in unissued minty condition. Absolutely love it and now have to find a shooter. I am in Central Florida and fortunately my local gun shop has a good supply of new and surplus ammo.
Welcome to the board, unissued Polish M44 is a great find, I have one also, plus I think there are a few others on the board. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
tomahawk2414

Post by tomahawk2414 »

Hi all, I just got my Remington 1917 Nagant back from the gunsmith today looks great! Thanks steve.
mastercrasher

Post by mastercrasher »

I finally found this site. I just picked up my second Mosin. It's a 1928 Tula, hex rcvr and lam stock. I'm ready to attack the cosmoline.
creek

Post by creek »

I just acquired a mosin nagant 1942 Russian made rifle when my wife's 34 year old younger brother passed away unexpectedly. He was a decorated veteran of the war in Iraq and had a collection of guns which his father (my father in-law) got. He gave me this rifle and I have ordered a couple of accessories (strap, shoulder pad, etc) and some ammo. I'm going to need some help learning how to adjust the sights for the distance I'm shooting from. Glad to be here.

Creek
ARLawrence

Post by ARLawrence »

Greetings!

Names Andrew! And I just became a mosin owner!
fv22

Post by fv22 »

Hi, another newbie here. I've been lurking for the last month or so and bought my first MN a few days ago. Spent time yesterday cleaning it to get ready to shoot, can't wait to get to the range but that will probably not be until next week. Lot's of great info on this board, was able to take the gun apart for cleaning and re-assemble like I knew what I was doing after reading and watching videos I found here.
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

creek wrote:I just acquired a mosin nagant 1942 Russian made rifle when my wife's 34 year old younger brother passed away unexpectedly. He was a decorated veteran of the war in Iraq and had a collection of guns which his father (my father in-law) got. He gave me this rifle and I have ordered a couple of accessories (strap, shoulder pad, etc) and some ammo. I'm going to need some help learning how to adjust the sights for the distance I'm shooting from. Glad to be here.

Creek
If you eyes are good enough, apply Kentucky windage and go for that 1000 meter target.

Otherwise remember to take the bayonet along and you can always put holes in the target with that.

:D
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tomahawk2414 wrote:Hi all, I just got my Remington 1917 Nagant back from the gunsmith today looks great! Thanks steve.
Welcome to the board. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

creek wrote:I just acquired a mosin nagant 1942 Russian made rifle when my wife's 34 year old younger brother passed away unexpectedly. He was a decorated veteran of the war in Iraq and had a collection of guns which his father (my father in-law) got. He gave me this rifle and I have ordered a couple of accessories (strap, shoulder pad, etc) and some ammo. I'm going to need some help learning how to adjust the sights for the distance I'm shooting from. Glad to be here.

Creek
Welcome to the board, sorry to hear about your brother in law. :vsad:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ARLawrence wrote:Greetings!

Names Andrew! And I just became a mosin owner!
Hello Andrew welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt