Vz2008 with a little package twist, updated!

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
A J

Re: Vz2008 with a little package twist, updated!

Post by A J »

I bought a VZ 2008 a little over a year ago. You got a better deal though. I think I paid $450 or so.

I actually prefer the folding stock. The first time I fired it I braced for a painful kick. Instead; I found the recoil a lot lighter than my heavier OPAP (AK variant). Either way, it's a nice rifle. Enjoy.
mag318

Post by mag318 »

The only mod the VZ2008s need for complete reliability it to have the bolt carrier tabbed, which costs about $50. The VZ58s from CZ and CzechPoint already had theirs tabbed from the factory, the VZ2008s do not.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Great pictures of your Vz 2008 sporter. I've never seen one with such good pictures of all the parts. Thanks. :thumbsup: JGC
wolfhollow

Post by wolfhollow »

Awesome! I have picked up a few vz2008's from PSA. No issues so far.
Jackson

Re: Vz2008 with a little package twist

Post by Jackson »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Russell, I got 500 rounds of HP from Sgammo for about $130.
I haven't gotten out to shoot mine yet. But I did order 4 more mags for it. So I should be set there. I debated getting a fixed stock for it. But dang it folds up so nice and short.
you got the nice pouch, mine looks like it was dragged behind a 38(t)
We soldier on, not because we think we can win, but because we refuse to lose quietly.
A J

Post by A J »

Update: Took my VZ (folding stock) to the range with my wife and her friend in tow.

(Always dangerous to bring your beneficiary to the range!) :)

Anyhow, both ladies were able to handle the VZ very well from a standing position. No problems whatsoever. It actually fit them a lot better than it fit me. I was OK shooting it from a standing position, but nowhere near as comfortable as the 2 smaller-framed women. When I fired it from a prone position, it slapped the hell out of me: even worse than my wife does! :)

Overall: Great rifle - more advanced than the AK but the folding stock is not really designed for a sasquatch like me. I fired much better with an AK with a 1" stock extension. Fits like a glove.
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

I had been kinda wishing I had gotten the VZ58 over the VZ2008, but I got the 2008 at half the cost of the 58. Took the VZ2008 to the range New Years Eve, and easily the most accurate 7.62x39 rifle I have, and very pleasant to shoot as well. Glad I got the 2008 now. Great rifle. :thumbsup:
98chrysler

Post by 98chrysler »

I've had good luck with the two 2008s I bought. They both shoot strait and I haven't had any trigger or feed problems with either one. I did however dissasemble both when I got them and found a few small issues. The first one wouldn't retain the rear cover pin as it was jammed up with red Loctite from the stock bolt. The second one I couldn't get the rear cover pin out as the receiver had been machined a bit tight in the pin area. Easy fixes for both. I also ended up getting slip-on butpads for both of them as the folding stock can be a little slippery when you are rapid firing.