Single action 1900 dated nagant revolver value?

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
dskid1234

Single action 1900 dated nagant revolver value?

Post by dskid1234 »

I know of one that is all matching and all original, but it has no finish left and has some pitting. I am just curious how much it would be worth?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Single action 1900 dated nagant revolver value?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sounds like a target model, not much info to go on, and no pics, but issued Nagants are rare, at least a few hundred, but like I said, little to no info.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
dskid1234

Post by dskid1234 »

It is not a target model, and this is the description. Attention Collectors! This is an original, single action, 7 shot Nagant revolver in excellent condition for it’s age. It has all matching numbers on the frame, trigger guard and cylinder. No import marks of any kind. It has the original “half moon” front sight. It is totally functional and has been test fired. The original, blued finish is gone but it sports a nice even patina with some pitting in some areas. The bore has some rust but good strong rifling. The wooden grips look repaired but are in good, worn condition. All of the stampings are clear and readable including the Czarist markings and the date of manufacture. Note the Imperial Russian proof mark on the right frame. The single action models are becoming exceptionally rare as most of the single action Nagants were converted to double action. The Russians discontinued the single action model in 1918-1922 according to sources.
dskid1234

THREAD CLOSED

Post by dskid1234 »

THREAD CLOSED
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Oh wait dskid, don't go yet. Did you buy the Nagant? I wish I had been able to help more here, but was unsure of the value. The fact that it is not refurbished, single action (very hard to find), and matching puts a price tag in my head of 400+ dollars, but that is without seeing it. Even the double action models that have the worn blueing, indicating it isn't one of the common refurbs that have been on the market for several years, bring over 300.00 and sometimes considerably more. Value is hard to accurately give, but if you have seen it, like it, and your gut instinct says buy it, I think it would be a safe purchase.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Thread closed? What does that mean? You didn't win it? Few people if anybody shoots these things DA anyway, I know I never do. They are known for a very stiff trigger pull in DA.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

I thought I read somewhere that these single actions were only issued to either officers or NCOs. I can't remember. But I believe they were limited to one of these two classes of soldier. I would love to find one.
Mike

Post by Mike »

catcracker wrote:I thought I read somewhere that these single actions were only issued to either officers or NCOs. I can't remember. But I believe they were limited to one of these two classes of soldier. I would love to find one.
According to Wikipedia single action was for the privates, double action was for the officers, that does sound reasonable to me.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Here's some more history: http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRareNagant.htm

"The standard model was produced in two variations with the difference being the type of action. The "officer's model" was double action and could be fired by simply pulling the trigger which would cock and release the hammer as well as in the single action mode by cocking the hammer first. The "enlisted model" was single action only and it was necessary to cock the hammer manually prior to each shot. It is thought that this was done because only officers were trusted to fire accurately without wasting ammunition with a double action revolver. Orders to discontinue the production of single action only Nagant revolvers were issued in 1922 and all subsequent production was double action. Most single action models were later converted to double action although some later production examples are single action. These likely were simply repaired with single action parts from earlier revolvers."
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

With my little foray into Nagant pistols here of late I learned a bit too. The tsarist proof being toward the back indicates an earlier model than when they came back over the screw more. Just the single action is very hard to find I hope he bought the revolver as it is indeed as others have said worth some bucks. After the no maker and no date model I have three of these little babies and I think that will be enough for awhile for me. This little original $59 revolver is starting to draw some interest overall now and has come a long way in value since we first started seeing them. Bill ;mywink;
dskid1234

Post by dskid1234 »

I didn't buy it yet. I'll keep you guys posted!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Best of luck to you buddy.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I ran into it earlier today. There is 1 minute to go so go for broke.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Longcolt44 wrote:I ran into it earlier today. There is 1 minute to go so go for broke.
EDIT: I really hope you won that. It went for $360.00, it was worth $500.00 IMHO. SA stamped.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
dskid1234

Post by dskid1234 »

I was really struggling to decide whether or not I wanted to bid on it, but in the end, I did not. Even though it was rare, I have been looking at a few other imperial nagant revolvers in WAY better condition, including a russian tt-33. Here is the link...http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12916180/ ... r-mfg.1900
dskid1234

Post by dskid1234 »

Longcolt44 wrote:
Longcolt44 wrote:I ran into it earlier today. There is 1 minute to go so go for broke.
EDIT: I really hope you won that. It went for $360.00, it was worth $500.00 IMHO. SA stamped.
It wasn't a finnish capture, by SA he meant single action.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

For a non import non refurb older SA I think that was a good buy.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F