Where are all these Finns coming from?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zeebill

Re: Where are all these Finns coming from?

Post by zeebill »

Miller Tyme wrote:With owning close to 200 firearms it's about moving out the oddballs and lower end firearms and buying more quality for me.

Plus the wife said no to gunsafe #9 until she gets her new house. ;mywink;
You need to unload 2 or 3 smaller safes and get a hundred gun unit. I figure one of mine weighs about a ton and a half or more now. Just think you could get 3 100 gunners and she would think you downloaded a bunch of rifles! Yeah sure! Until this pas week I was into the same thing of moving out the oddballs and mostly duplicates then I bought an 1895 Nagant pistol with no date or armory marks on it and all matching number too. So much for that plan I guess. You are ahead of me in the numbers of safes but I got 4 big ones and 2 little ones so I got you beat in the numbers game I guess? I have been moving out duplicates for over four years now and some great guns are now with new owners. They are happy I hope and I am too. Bill :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Don't worry about the guns or the safe, have the house inspected to make sure it can handle the load. You don't want to be that guy, the one who ends up on TV being carried out of his collapsed house on a back board after the fire department digs him out. Then a few weeks later doing the perp walk for having an unauthorized arsenal within town limits. Don't think I am joking, most modern homes are not built to hold that kind of weight, and older ones can have rotted wood and so on.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I don't really care where they are coming from as long as a few end up here.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
h bone

Post by h bone »

When prices go up, things come out.
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

zeebill wrote:
Miller Tyme wrote:With owning close to 200 firearms it's about moving out the oddballs and lower end firearms and buying more quality for me.

Plus the wife said no to gunsafe #9 until she gets her new house. ;mywink;
You need to unload 2 or 3 smaller safes and get a hundred gun unit. I figure one of mine weighs about a ton and a half or more now. Just think you could get 3 100 gunners and she would think you downloaded a bunch of rifles! Yeah sure! Until this pas week I was into the same thing of moving out the oddballs and mostly duplicates then I bought an 1895 Nagant pistol with no date or armory marks on it and all matching number too. So much for that plan I guess. You are ahead of me in the numbers of safes but I got 4 big ones and 2 little ones so I got you beat in the numbers game I guess? I have been moving out duplicates for over four years now and some great guns are now with new owners. They are happy I hope and I am too. Bill :D

Not going to work Bill, got 4-18 gun gun safes upstairs and 1-48 and 3-36 gun gun safes in the Family room ( poured slab floor) so room is starting to be an issue. ( the garage is out, God forbid something other than her Camaro and seadoo be in it) :lol: however she has said her new house will have a walk in gun safe/room for my toy's. :thumbsup:

So I guess it might be time to get the house ready for sale. ;mywink;
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yea, moving's a pain, getting the new place ready even more a pain, but no worries, I will store all your guns and ammo for you until the new place is set :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Yea, moving's a pain, getting the new place ready even more a pain, but no worries, I will store all your guns and ammo for you until the new place is set :)

Damn JYD that is so thoughtful of you. :thumbsup:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Miller Tyme wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Yea, moving's a pain, getting the new place ready even more a pain, but no worries, I will store all your guns and ammo for you until the new place is set :)

Damn JYD that is so thoughtful of you. :thumbsup:
No problem, glad to help, tell you what, I will make sure to clear some room from my schedule to take each rifle, shotgun, pistol, and Howitzer out to the range for some exercise, while I am at it I will quality test each round of your ammo for performance and safety :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .
Theodore Roosevelt
gurn

Post by gurn »

I love this thread. :)
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!