1950 Polish WZ48 Trainer

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

1950 Polish WZ48 Trainer

Post by Miller Tyme »

Been wanting one of these for a long time and finally found one that had a great bore and was reasonably price. :thumbsup:

ImageImage
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1950 Polish WZ48 Trainer

Post by bunkysdad »

I remember the first time I saw these 5 or 6 years ago, and was all excited about them and made a post here about them and it was like nobody was interested. I should have bought one. They were under 200.00 then. I like these alot. You found a nice one here, which is no surprise since many of them look like new.
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

bunkysdad wrote:I remember the first time I saw these 5 or 6 years ago, and was all excited about them and made a post here about them and it was like nobody was interested. I should have bought one. They were under 200.00 then. I like these alot. You found a nice one here, which is no surprise since many of them look like new.

I looked high and low for a nice one under $250, and found this one for $230. I to wish I had gobbled these up when they where under $200. But I was more intrested in AK's at the time :roll:
husker51

Post by husker51 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
h bone

Post by h bone »

Nice looking gun. Wish I had one.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

They are really nice to teach a younger person how to shoot. They came in the first I saw them from Gibbs Rifles. They were 3 for $150 and shipping. They could not sell them for that price! I got one and like it so much I talked them into sending me two more and sent them the balance of the total price of $150. The trick to finding one that shoots really good is to fire a shell after measuring it with a mike or vernier caliper. See how much the shell swells after firing and the one you find that has the least amount of swelling has the tightest chamber and will more than likely be the best of the shooters. Only catch is after a bit of firing that tight chamber may hurt extraction and make it a bit hard. It has been so many years since I first got these rifles I can't remember what the average swelling of the cartridge was but I do remember it wasn't much. Neat little guns and I sold the last one of the two I sold for $325 if I remember right. Congrats that is one cool little single shot 22 you bought. Now if you can find and afford the 22 ammo you are set for some fun! Bill :D
Pip6214

Post by Pip6214 »

I was lucky and got mine for $160 shipped a couple months ago. Unfortunately, it is a bit finicky and it only likes the 50rd boxes of Federal match and CCI mini-mags
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Homer2

Post by Homer2 »

I'd like to find one with the earlier Archer logo. Still an empty hole in my collection. Nice grab.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Homer2 wrote:I'd like to find one with the earlier Archer logo. Still an empty hole in my collection. Nice grab.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
+1 Homer, i am still.on the hunt for a 49.