My 1911's new outfit.

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Fred_G

Re: My 1911's new outfit.

Post by Fred_G »

I am liking the DRT bullets. Bit controversial, but I like them. http://www.drtammo.com/DRT-Store/Produc ... INAL-SHOCK
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I prefer more standard hollow points. I'll try a few types. Who knows, it might like everything haha
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
brettster

Post by brettster »

The Critical Defense ran great in my RIA 2011.Thats what im running now in my Sig Tac Ops.1911 can be very finicky.
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

Remington Golden Saber work well in all the 1911's I have owned.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I saw the DRT ammo the other day at Academy, but was not familiar with it. Fred, the ballistics test in the Video was pretty impressive.
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

bunkysdad wrote:I saw the DRT ammo the other day at Academy, but was not familiar with it. Fred, the ballistics test in the Video was pretty impressive.
A friend of mine that owns an ammo company carries it in his guns... Everyone always tries to invent the perfect 'pill'. 230 grain FMJ will work as well.