Finn capture M38 Mosin...

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Len S

Finn capture M38 Mosin...

Post by Len S »

An older gent just consigned his rifle collection to my LGS. The rifles were mainly target types , as the owner had been involved in competitive shooting , but there was a single military weapon in the mix a 1941 Izhevsk M38 Mosin. The carbine's a mixmaster serial # wise and has seen quite a bit of use but she's still in sound condition with a very good bore. Best of all it's a Finn capture. I think the bolt body is from a NEW M91. The Cyrillic letter "yery" (bl) is stamped on the underside of the stock's wrist. Anyone know it's significance? Here are some pics.

Len
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
..of those men who have overturned the liberties of republics, the greatest number have begun their career by paying an obsequious court to the people; commencing demagogues, and ending tyrants. -Alexander Hamilton , The Federalist Papers
FinnfanCO

Re: Finn capture M38 Mosin...

Post by FinnfanCO »

How much does he want? :mrgreen:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

If you didn't already buy it, you messed up. That is hard to improve on as M38's go, in my opinion.
Len S

Post by Len S »

I bought it as soon as it was offered for sale. I wasn't about to let this one go by. :D

"Re: Finn capture M38 Mosin...
by bunkysdad » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:00 pm

If you didn't already buy it, you messed up. That is hard to improve on as M38's go, in my opinion."
..of those men who have overturned the liberties of republics, the greatest number have begun their career by paying an obsequious court to the people; commencing demagogues, and ending tyrants. -Alexander Hamilton , The Federalist Papers