2 stage trigger?

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
HAWKEYEPETRIC4

2 stage trigger?

Post by HAWKEYEPETRIC4 »

I recently got a new Finnish Mosin Antique receiver M39 Sako.
Also, while I was waiting for it to arrive, I bought a new,unused Finnish 2 stage trigger and am curious as to the benefits of the 2 stage as opposed to the stock trigger. Should I make the swap, or leave it be? Thanks.

Looking for a Finn!
Using Tapatalk
desdem12

Re: 2 stage trigger?

Post by desdem12 »

Not sure what type of trigger you got but I personaly would leave the one that is in it there unless it is broken. The m39s have a nice trigger already mostly. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

desdem12 wrote:Not sure what type of trigger you got but I personaly would leave the one that is in it there unless it is broken. The m39s have a nice trigger already mostly. :D
Ditto on that. Finns are the last rifle that should have the trigger fooled with because they've already been tuned by the finns to the rifle and usually have some of the nicest triggers of all the Mosin Nagants. Not to mention the safety implications of messing with a trigger.
HAWKEYEPETRIC4

Post by HAWKEYEPETRIC4 »

It is a new unused FINNISH 2 stage trigger. Sold by a milsurp company in Helsinki. They only deal with Finnish firearms. The instructions are in Finnish as well...

Looking for a Finn!
Using Tapatalk
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It is probably the same a what is in the M39 already. Why fix it if it isn't broken?
HAWKEYEPETRIC4

Post by HAWKEYEPETRIC4 »

The old trigger part is a nickel color, and the new one is red color like the front sight. I did switch it out late last night, and I can feel a difference in the pull and the bolt release is way tighter than it was before. Trigger pull has a definite improvement! I think I'll keep it in. :-)

Looking for a Finn!
Using Tapatalk
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I would sure like to see a picture of these triggers. Do you happen to have access to a trigger scale to see where the break point is?
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

What ever you do label the "old" trigger as to where it came from and make a note of where it is stored in case you ever sell the rifle.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Consider the extra trigger as a spare & enjoy the rifle as it is. Just my :2cents:

My 42 Izhevsk 91/30 has by and far the worst trigger on a Mosin. But I enjoy it very much as it has made me work at trigger control & I feel I'm a better shooter for it.

42 Izhevsk 91/30 with hogleg trigger
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"