ruger gp100

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
ponycarman

ruger gp100

Post by ponycarman »

I traded in a pistol I don't use today. The little kahr was nice to carry but I never did anymore with my lcr and glocks. Used the money to put a blued gp100 in 357 mag. Been wanting one a while and was finally able to grab one yay!

Can't wait to get her out of layaway and put some rounds through it.

Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: ruger gp100

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Had one for years, real nice piece. :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

This will probably be part of my home defense arsenal, a range toy, and to use my hand loads in. It also would make a nice companion to take in the woods hunting or hiking. Can't wait to bring it home. I have been drooling over these for a couple of years now lol.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That is a real pretty block of steel. And 357 is a real powerhouse. Good luck remaining calm till you get to bring it home.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Thanks! I haven't been able to get it off my mind lol.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Nice! I have it's older brother, the Security Six, if I had to sell my collection for any reason that revolver would be the last to go.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have it's pappy, the Redhawk 44 magnum. Full loads leave a unforgettable memory in your head. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Sweet! I looked at a few security six pistols. They were nice. Just never found a reasonably priced one when I had cash in hand.

Would love to get a 44 mag revolver sometime. There was a super Alaskan next to the gp100 in the case. Very tempting but it was out of my price range haha. Love them revolvers. :biggrin:

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I got this baby out of layaway today . Took it to the range too. Shot good! Here are some more pics. I'll try to get some better ones later on.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Lookin good pony. I had those sights on mine and they busted somehow when I checked it at the airport. Got these to replace them. Much better than that black front sight.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Those look nice! Firesights? I'm going to paint the front sight the same bright orange I used on my lcr. Made a huge difference.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Williams, got them off the Ruger online store.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Awesome. Don't know yet what I'll do with the sights. Just gonna shoot it now. I kinda like the rear sight as is though. Just the front is a little dark and tough to pick up in lower light.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I was ok with the rear. The front was horrible. But the rear broke so I got to get a whole set. :biggrin: :lol:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Finished up the second box of homemade food for the gp100 last night. :dance:

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Hmmm, buckeye broke his sights so he could get some new Williams Firesights? Oh I need to try that one sometime! :P
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

bunkysdad wrote:Hmmm, buckeye broke his sights so he could get some new Williams Firesights? Oh I need to try that one sometime! :P
Well I did, At least the rear. Not sure how it happened. Had it in a really good case on a trip up north. Got back and it was busted. But ya it worked out in my favor. :biggrin:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Thanks des! It shoots like a dream too.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
finloq

Post by finloq »

I have it's little brother, the SP101. Ruger makes a hell of a rugged wheel gun.

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said: "I drank, what?"
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"