'53 CZ 52

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
desdem12

'53 CZ 52

Post by desdem12 »

Oky doky then. Here is a CZ 52 that i got a while back a '53 '52, love it and will look for another one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: '53 CZ 52

Post by Rongo »

A fine pistol. I love mine. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

How does it compare to a TT-33? Is is possible or practical to switch to 9mm? I don't see them around anymore now that I am interested in them, but I think I want one.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

SA1911a1 wrote:How does it compare to a TT-33? Is is possible or practical to switch to 9mm? I don't see them around anymore now that I am interested in them, but I think I want one.
Both. But is not cheap as it was a year ago. I just bought a 9mm barrel and rollers for my CZ and it cost me 2 and a half Mosins, I think it was the last one on the planet from the bidding war I was in.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

It is heavier than a TT but not to heavy. Yes you can switch barrels but i think they are temporarly out. I wanted to get a 9mm barrel for my yugo m57 and called up sarco and they said they didn't have any. Is yours a yugo or a TT? I like both guns but i tend to like the CZ more as does everybody that has tried both. I definately like the decocker on the 52. somebody over on the other spot mentioned they got a 9mm barrel i think from numrich but not sure. (pricey) EDIT: well then they got it oout before i could :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Mine is actually a Romanian TT-C. I got it in the CAI box with accessories for less than $150.00. I got a handful of surplus magazines for around $8.00 apiece shortly after.

I am a 1911 man from way back and I Found the Tok a familiar feeling gun. It fits my hands well and points naturally. It is also just plain fun. I would sure rather be shooting it in x 25, but I am down to about 500 rounds and I am going to hold tightly to these until some more surplus shows up. I also had a Chinese 9mm Tok without the spacer, but my son liked it so much I gave it to him. I would really like to get a x25 barrel for that one.

I got the 9mm barrel for the TT-C before the surplus ammo dried up and paid, to the best of my memory about $50.00 for the barrel w/link and a bushing (that did not fit the barrel). I was lucky that the original bushing fit perfectly. Swapping between calibers takes no longer than a field strip.

I have not held a '52 but I sure like the way they look and I know the owners are usually crazy about them.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
entropy

Post by entropy »

I liked mine, but I liked Rongoman's CZ-82 better, so I traded the 52 to him for an 82, with an eye towards a carry gun when it became legal, which is coming this Nov. :)
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

What are they worth now? How is the ammo for price?

Dolk
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

entropy wrote:I liked mine, but I liked Rongoman's CZ-82 better, so I traded the 52 to him for an 82, with an eye towards a carry gun when it became legal, which is coming this Nov. :)
Yep, we were both happy with that trade.

entropy, when are you doing the class for CC?

Wife is getting one too. Looking at a Ruger SP101 in .327 magnum for her. Russel's has one for $499. 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Thats a pretty even trade as far as price goes, But. Cz52's are $200+ CZ82s are about $190 or so. 9mm Mak cal. is cheap. Tok ammo is around $20 for 50 unless you already have surplus.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I found some good news on ammo. There are a couple of online dealers right now that have it listed(surplus). The price is climbing however. I do love my CZ52.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

bunkysdad wrote:I found some good news on ammo. There are a couple of online dealers right now that have it listed(surplus). The price is climbing however. I do love my CZ52.
Who & how much????

"Dang that entropy"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Most of the normal gun and ammo suppliers. It's running from .16 to .19 per round from what I see.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Dang, they are out again!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Here's some! Better hurry, even if it is a little more than it used to be!
http://classicarms.us/ammunition.htm
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

@ the Sharonville gun show this past weekend I found Polish surplus 7.62x25 ammo in 70 round boxes for $11.95 per, so I bought all he had, 12 boxes. :toast:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Thats not a bad price at all :clap: :clap:
mikerb55

Post by mikerb55 »

Hi All,

I just joined the Mosin-Nagant forum, so I might as well join this one too! :wink:

I bought a '54 CZ-52 from a friend of mine 2 years ago for $155 with a holster and 2 mags, no cleaning rod. Back then I got 400 rounds from a local shop for about $50 (all surplus). I can buy new stuff locally for about $18/box (50 rounds). More expensive, but not corrosive.

After shooting it a few times, I decided the grip was a little small for my hand, so I bought a slip-on Hogue grip for $10. It fits great now. I also just purchased a tactical holster for it for $10 from Classic Arms and I love it! I can't decide if I should keep or sell the original holster.

This gun is great fun to shoot, and I'll never part with it. When I went with some buddies last year to sight-in their hunting rifles, I took the CZ and nailed a computer monitor from 100 yds!
John Wayne as John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I put it in another post but SOG has 7.62x25 in their current flyer.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

Has anyone tried the 7.62 x 28 Hornady hp ammo?
We have met the enemy and he is us.