Mosin Finn ?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Jbob

Mosin Finn ?

Post by Jbob »

Took this one in on a trade and it arrived today. I was really shocked at how pretty the wood is on these rifles. I looked it over a long while before I even seen the finger splices where the wood comes together.
Bolt and receiver match with Izhevsk markings on everything, can't wait till weekend so I can shoot it after a good cleaning.
I'm just learning so any info would be of help.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mosin Finn ?

Post by Longcolt44 »

From the pictures it looks like a Finn captured 91/30. The stock is a pre war Finn.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

That's purdy, nice find. !!!
mndang

Post by mndang »

Mighty fine!
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

War time splice on a Finn stock. What is the date? 1941? Old eyes can't make it out sorry. Cleaning rod is a bit too short, what does it measure end to end? If it is what I think it is I will trade even up for the proper one which I have. Very nice rifle which saw Finn refurb at the end of the war period. Bet the bore looks great, they usually do with a rifle in that good a condition. Have fun shooting it! Oh and Congrats a nice addition. Bill ;mywink;
4095fanatic

Post by 4095fanatic »

That should be highly accurate by Mosin standards and should be easily worth more than 350-400 in today's market. Good find!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Very pretty Finn capture :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
Sgt lamb

Post by Sgt lamb »

zeebill wrote:War time splice on a Finn stock. What is the date? 1941? Old eyes can't make it out sorry. Cleaning rod is a bit too short, what does it measure end to end? If it is what I think it is I will trade even up for the proper one which I have. Very nice rifle which saw Finn refurb at the end of the war period. Bet the bore looks great, they usually do with a rifle in that good a condition. Have fun shooting it! Oh and Congrats a nice addition. Bill ;mywink;
you are correct bill, the cleaning rod is what you think it is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

I concur, beautiful stock.

As well as rifle condition, but I love the hardware, aka wood, and you've got a nice piece there. :thumbsup:
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Nice timber on that 91/30 my friend :Drool1:
zeebill wrote: Cleaning rod is a bit too short, what does it measure end to end? If it is what I think it is I will trade even up for the proper one which I have.
Sgt lamb wrote:you are correct bill, the cleaning rod is what you think it is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Ok you two what gives on the cleaning rod, he's prolly not gonna let it go, so might as well spill the beans :D
Sgt lamb

Post by Sgt lamb »

redspoon wrote:Nice timber on that 91/30 my friend :Drool1:
zeebill wrote: Cleaning rod is a bit too short, what does it measure end to end? If it is what I think it is I will trade even up for the proper one which I have.
Sgt lamb wrote:you are correct bill, the cleaning rod is what you think it is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Ok you two what gives on the cleaning rod, he's prolly not gonna let it go, so might as well spill the beans :D
Ok you pryed it out of me, its a rod for an M27 or 28
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Love the wood on that one! :Drool1: :Drool1: 8-) :vcool: Congrats on a sweet addition to the collection! :thumbsup:
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Nothen wrong with Zeebill's eyesight.

Nice wood on that one.
:thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Love the stock on it. really nice mid late war capture rifle. I would take it out and put it to the test. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
husker51

Post by husker51 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953