Blackjack... In M44

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Sgt. Rob

Re: Blackjack... In M44

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Very "prickly" pictures! :lol: That is some great work putting that collection together, I commend you on the time, patience and diligence to do so. Any chance you might put together a book? Information on Mosins of all sorts is seriously lacking in book form! And you now have solid referance material to start with! :thumbsup:

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Sgt. Rob wrote:Very "prickly" pictures! :lol: That is some great work putting that collection together, I commend you on the time, patience and diligence to do so. Any chance you might put together a book? Information on Mosins of all sorts is seriously lacking in book form! And you now have solid referance material to start with! :thumbsup:

Semper Fi, Rob
A book? I'm just a hunyuck collector... Not some all knowing authority. I have a book of sorts to record them in in excel format but that's just for my own use.

Took me 6 years to gather them together... Someone more serious could have done it in one I'm sure. I gotta say it has been fun though! :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Finally!!! 91/30's are now done as well. Sending payment on a 1944 Tula Ex-Sniper to complete them. 1930-1944.... a blend of Tula & Izhevsk. Would love to get a 45,46 or maybe a 47 too; but for now this will do. :D
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :clap: :clap: :toast: :toast:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Great collection and glorious picture.
:bravo: :bravo:
yiping

Post by yiping »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup:
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Super collection Rongo, :thumbsup: :Drool1: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Cold Steele

Post by Cold Steele »

Nice collection I would be on the couch for a while if I got that many. :Drool1:
"You’re never beaten until you admit it."
General George S. Patton Jr.
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Very awesome group of Russian carbines! :bravo: I am envious but I am still only into WWII production. Maybe down the road a little I may spread out. That is sure a very nice collection though! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I've parted with some of the duplicates since I posted this, added a few better examples, got my 53 Romanian to round out the years & added a few more T53's. OK... maybe it's wise to never say never. :lol:

"Dang that entropy"
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Just too cool Ron :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You just gave me some incentive for a group picture of some carbines but I don't know which ones to photograph. :?: :?: EBLOCs, Chinese, Russian, M-38's, 91/59's or 91/38's???

Whenever I try to eliminate duplicates or "thin the heard", I always end up finding a nicer example. Damn this Mosinitis, I say :beek: :beek:
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

very sweet collection like to see all them carbines together
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

qz2026 wrote:Just too cool Ron :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You just gave me some incentive for a group picture of some carbines but I don't know which ones to photograph. :?: :?: EBLOCs, Chinese, Russian, M-38's, 91/59's or 91/38's???

Whenever I try to eliminate duplicates or "thin the heard", I always end up finding a nicer example. Damn this Mosinitis, I say :beek: :beek:
The one I want to do is every damn one of them in one big picture... Everything. :biggrin:

"Dang that entropy"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Rongo wrote:

The one I want to do is every damn one of them in one big picture... Everything. :biggrin:
Wait for a sunny day, lay them all out on the front lawn then climb up the nearest light or telephone pole. Snap away my friend, snap away.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Has anyone said WOW yet ? :big shock: If not allow me to be the first. :lol: Great pic of a great buncha iron. 8-)
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:
Rongo wrote:

Wait for a sunny day, lay them all out on the front lawn then climb up the nearest light or telephone pole. Snap away my friend, snap away.
Now that's about the best way to make the National news, get to know the local SWAT team, spend some quiet time in my own little room with bars on windows & absolutely, positively freak out all the neighbors. Yep... I'll get right on that. :dance:

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

JoeR wrote:Has anyone said WOW yet ? :big shock: If not allow me to be the first. :lol: Great pic of a great buncha iron. 8-)
Thanks. Next up is all the M38s... Izhevsk 1939-1945. No Tulas, [SA], Hex (yet) or anything like that but pretty cool just the same. I'm sure there are a few others out there that could show off & totally school me with what they have amassed. Consider that a challenge boys. :devil2:

"Dang that entropy"
shmlnaaa

Post by shmlnaaa »

Any of those non-refurbished and/or have any original matching parts?
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Simply Stunning!! :Drool1: :Drool1: Thanks for showing. :bravo:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

shmlnaaa wrote:Any of those non-refurbished and/or have any original matching parts?
The 45 is what looks to be a non-refurb with no finsih left on the wood & metal. It has been used. The 46 & 47 are almost identical in condition & both look un-refurbished with all matching parts.

The 47 is listed here.... 47 Izhevsk M44 Numerich Import

"Dang that entropy"