New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bikeroc

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by bikeroc »

Hello to All,

I've been a member for a while and figured it was time to say hi.
I am from Alberta and enjoy any kind of shooting.
Looking forward to finding a lot of information.
Perhaps someone can point me to the right area to
post about Smith Sights
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

nap wrote:Hi, I'm "Nap". I just joined. I'm trying to find an old Samco Mosin Sniper w/o the scope, base and mount like they sold when they first came in. I remember them being stamped matching. Anyway I thought this would be a good place to look! I'll post in the marketplace and hope something will turn up! Thanks Nap
Welcome to the board, did you try calling Samco directly?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

bikeroc wrote:Hello to All,

I've been a member for a while and figured it was time to say hi.
I am from Alberta and enjoy any kind of shooting.
Looking forward to finding a lot of information.
Perhaps someone can point me to the right area to
post about Smith Sights
Welcome to the board, oh, wait, you have been around here for awhile :lol: there is no specific section for smith's sights, the sporter rifle forum maybe. These are more of an add on rather than anything original or historical.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Cold Steele

Post by Cold Steele »

New to the forum have been watching it as an outsider for a couple years. Thanks for all of the info Mosins seem to have a great following by some great people.
"You’re never beaten until you admit it."
General George S. Patton Jr.
supergus

Post by supergus »

Hi folks. I picked up a 91/30 several years ago at Gander Mountain ( paid $89). I cleaned it up and put it in the safe. I just recently pulled it out with a renewed interest and thought I'd find out more about it. i joined the forum here in hopes I could get some info. Thanks in advance!
supergus

Post by supergus »

Hi folks. A few years ago I picked up a 91/30 at Gander Mtn. Paid $89 for it. I just pulled it out of the safe with a renewed interest and was hoping I could find out more about it from you all. Thanks in advance!
hippocampus

Post by hippocampus »

Hi all,

I bought my first 91/30 a year and a half ago. A relatively unremarkable Molot 39 Izhevsk round receiver with a particularly dark bore. I loved the historical factor and it turned out to be a great shooter. Fast forward one year and I stumble upon a nice one at my LGS. It has a smoother bolt and a nicer finish. I decide I have to have it! Within a week I'm at my local Cabela's and find a brand new batch of what looks like Ukrainian refurbs caked in cosmoline. I patiently handle each one of the 20 or so on the rack and find an Izhevsk with THE smoothest action I have ever cycled and the best trigger on any MN I have handled so far, and a nice Tula that was almost as good. Again, I just can't pass on the opportunity! I now own 4 91/30s: 3 Izhevsk and 1 Tula. All war time round receivers. I love them all and can't wait to add to the collection. Next on the list is a hex receiver, an M44 and a (genuine) sniper!
jonwallace

Post by jonwallace »

Hey all, I'm Jon and I just got my first Mosin, 1925 Tula Ex-Dragoon, last Sunday. I love it!
Spencer Stark

Post by Spencer Stark »

Hey what's up everyone,
My name's Spencer and I love collecting milsurps! From Mosins, to Mausers, to Enfields, i love the history and feel of them all! I'm gonna have pictures of my two Mosins really soon! :D
"Za Rodinu! Za Stalina!"
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Hello! I am a new member. I thought some background information might be useful, so I hope this isn't too long for a new member intro.

I was recently diagnosed with Mosinitis, so I decided to join this forum for help. I seem to be able to sniff out good deals on MNs and ammo, but I am sure there is room for improvement. I have no plans to buy any hex receiver or laminate MNs just to have them. I would love to pick up the M38 if the prices would ever come down! I have a good collection of SKSs and one WASR 10/63.

I have two Chinese T53s (one pictured below). I don't know if you consider them MNs or not here? They were really beat up and mismatched, but they do shoot very nicely. I plan to restore the stock on one, but the other stock has no real hope of restoration. The T53 bolts were mismatched vs the receivers, so I did buy and use Okie gauges to make sure they were safe.

The T53s are, actually, pretty ugly compared to my beautiful pre-war 1940 Tula 91/30 and my pride & joy 1944 Izhevsk M44. The 1942 Izhevsk 91/30 is pretty rough, but she probably earned her stripes in battle while her pretty Tula sister slept in cosmo. :wink:

I live in the free state of Georgia.

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

supergus wrote:Hi folks. I picked up a 91/30 several years ago at Gander Mountain ( paid $89). I cleaned it up and put it in the safe. I just recently pulled it out with a renewed interest and thought I'd find out more about it. i joined the forum here in hopes I could get some info. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

supergus wrote:Hi folks. I picked up a 91/30 several years ago at Gander Mountain ( paid $89). I cleaned it up and put it in the safe. I just recently pulled it out with a renewed interest and thought I'd find out more about it. i joined the forum here in hopes I could get some info. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

hippocampus wrote:Hi all,

I bought my first 91/30 a year and a half ago. A relatively unremarkable Molot 39 Izhevsk round receiver with a particularly dark bore. I loved the historical factor and it turned out to be a great shooter. Fast forward one year and I stumble upon a nice one at my LGS. It has a smoother bolt and a nicer finish. I decide I have to have it! Within a week I'm at my local Cabela's and find a brand new batch of what looks like Ukrainian refurbs caked in cosmoline. I patiently handle each one of the 20 or so on the rack and find an Izhevsk with THE smoothest action I have ever cycled and the best trigger on any MN I have handled so far, and a nice Tula that was almost as good. Again, I just can't pass on the opportunity! I now own 4 91/30s: 3 Izhevsk and 1 Tula. All war time round receivers. I love them all and can't wait to add to the collection. Next on the list is a hex receiver, an M44 and a (genuine) sniper!
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool: Smooth action and Mosin are two things you don't regularly hear in the same sentence, nice that you got one like that, it's rare in any military rifle.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jonwallace wrote:Hey all, I'm Jon and I just got my first Mosin, 1925 Tula Ex-Dragoon, last Sunday. I love it!
Hello Jon, welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Spencer Stark wrote:Hey what's up everyone,
My name's Spencer and I love collecting milsurps! From Mosins, to Mausers, to Enfields, i love the history and feel of them all! I'm gonna have pictures of my two Mosins really soon! :D
Hello Spencer, welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

beenkenobee wrote:Looking forward to being here.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

K-9 wrote:Hello! I am a new member. I thought some background information might be useful, so I hope this isn't too long for a new member intro.

I was recently diagnosed with Mosinitis, so I decided to join this forum for help. I seem to be able to sniff out good deals on MNs and ammo, but I am sure there is room for improvement. I have no plans to buy any hex receiver or laminate MNs just to have them. I would love to pick up the M38 if the prices would ever come down! I have a good collection of SKSs and one WASR 10/63.

I have two Chinese T53s (one pictured below). I don't know if you consider them MNs or not here? They were really beat up and mismatched, but they do shoot very nicely. I plan to restore the stock on one, but the other stock has no real hope of restoration. The T53 bolts were mismatched vs the receivers, so I did buy and use Okie gauges to make sure they were safe.

The T53s are, actually, pretty ugly compared to my beautiful pre-war 1940 Tula 91/30 and my pride & joy 1944 Izhevsk M44. The 1942 Izhevsk 91/30 is pretty rough, but she probably earned her stripes in battle while her pretty Tula sister slept in cosmo. :wink:

I live in the free state of Georgia.

Welcome to the board, the type 53 is exactly what a milsurp is supposed to look like, not every country did the insanity of refurbishing their old rifles before selling them off as scrap. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Mishra

Post by Mishra »

Hello,
I've got 2 Molot PU Snipers and was hoping to get some info on them.
gopedxr7

Post by gopedxr7 »

hi, i am allen. i just ordered my first mosin a M44. hopefully i will get it soon. i am kind of excited about what i may get
TBSDave

Post by TBSDave »

Hi I'm here (that is what the e-mail said to say :-P)