Mauser HSc

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
etprescottazusa91

Mauser HSc

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

IMG_0387 Mauser HSc.JPG
Here is a favorite, one some may have seen before. This is my Mauser HSc purchased in Prescott about 6 or 7 years ago. What caught my eye besides the overall condition which is pretty good is this HSc comes with the original issue holster. Written on the inside flap of the holster is a German soldiers name and feldpost number both still clearly visible, apparently I have UFFz' Mohr's Mauser HSc. This HSc has been fired on more than one trip to the range, it works great, it's a lot of fun to fire some dead German soldiers handgun once in awhile.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by etprescottazusa91 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Mauser HSc

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I remember it, still looks good 8-) 8-) 8-)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice one
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Great piece and the history is cool.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

It looks a lot like a Makarov. Or is it the Makarov looks a lot like a Mauser Hsc
We have met the enemy and he is us.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

This is super nice. Does it fire .380? We likely all are shooting weapons once owned by soldiers, many of them enemies. But knowing just a little snippet of it's history is quite special. Very cool.
etprescottazusa91

This HSc is chambered for 7.65 Browning or .32ACP, never occurred to me to post the caliber. Seeing the name of the soldier inside that holster made this one a must have for me, I did not notice the name inside the holster immediately as I inspected the gun over carefully, the condition is what I noticed first. I'm not sure the shop knew the name was written inside either looking at the owners reaction when I pointed it out, I considered it a once in a lifetime find, both of our lives.
Last edited by etprescottazusa91 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Way cool :wave: :toast:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
etprescottazusa91

I was checking out the T33 with the inscription today in awe and looking at some of my old post found this one with an inscription also, I decided to bump this one up for any new members who have not checked out all the old threads.

One update, I have done an amount of research to determine the identity of this German soldier and anything else regarding his unit and circumstances. The signal company he was attached too was in France and ceased to exist after June 11th 1944 so perhaps this is a D-Day pickup.

Adolph Hitler – 1933
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Nice :thumbsup: :Drool1: Wonder how I missed this one :lol:

Funny how it looks somewhat similar to the Mauser M1914/34 I have, especially the grip design and mag and mag release. And pretty cool finding some history on the holster marking. :thumbsup:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Celt

Post by Celt »

Nice! Almost picked one up in a trade but it was a commercial issue.
Love the look!!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

HSc's are definately neat looking pistols. When you add the history of yours, it is even better :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

etprescottazusa91

Bump, pistol was asked about.

Update, I have researched this and have a little more info on the unit of the German soldier who had this pistol.

The feldpost number in the holster was assigned to a Luftwaffe signal company. This feldpost and signal company were located in France and ceased to exist on 06\11\1944 five days after the D-Day Landings.

Adolph Hitler – 1933