Walmart to stock 7.62/54R

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Dan4good

Re: Walmart to stock 7.62/54R

Post by Dan4good »

are ppl arguing whether $6 a box for ammo is high ???
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

No they are discussing if 12.00 a box for Tula 54r is a good price at Walmart and if the 6.00 box of x39 is good stuff.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Would be neat to see some in my local walmart. They have never had 7.62x54. Haven't seen any 22 for more than a year there either. Haven't had aby issues shooting it yet. Been shooting it some in 7.62x39, 223, and 9mm every now and then.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

I hope my Wallyworld gets some Tula 54r.
bimmey

Post by bimmey »

My M39 really likes the Tula ammo. I'll be checking my wallyworld.
Don't shoot that antique rifle! You could put an eye out!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Come on Wally! Get on the stick.
JDH88

Post by JDH88 »

Went into my local WallyWorld and the guy had no idea what Tula 54R was.

Oops.
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

Well, my Walmart doesn't carry it, BUT, the one about 17 miles away towards work does. :biggrin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

I like seeing that
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

My Walmart has a steady supply of most rounds now,except 22..I will check next time i go for 54r.
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

our local walmart still hadnt added the 54r to the shelves
B24

Post by B24 »

No 54r at our local Wally World but they recently started stocking Suprema 00 Buckshot 2 3/4" 9 pellets. $11.97 for a 25
round box. Box says made in Spain for Tula USA. Opened a box and it was pretty decent looking ammo. Think I'll try a box
and see what they are like.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Wallyworld... The place of my bi-weekly revenue source. I'm not seeing any 54r at my store yet. The biggest problem is the manual order option is only available for Shotgun shells. Rifle & handgun ammo orders are still blocked, and that applies to special orders too. We get whatever is sent & never know what is coming.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
entropy

Post by entropy »

........which makes getting .22lr at Wally World a crapshoot. Fortunately for me, I happen to be in a position to see the dice land first. :wink: I even see it before Rongo. I am still limited to the same amount as any customer, (3 boxes), and I can't set some aside, they will fire for that. I can however schedule my break or lunch whenever I like, and/or hope the overnight associate who i ssupposed to stock it doen't get to it. Happens quite often. :roll: We had some Rem. .22 Shorts stay in the case for a week or two recently, hopefully things are looking up.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

entropy wrote:........which makes getting .22lr at Wally World a crapshoot. Fortunately for me, I happen to be in a position to see the dice land first. :wink: I even see it before Rongo. I am still limited to the same amount as any customer, (3 boxes), and I can't set some aside, they will fire for that. I can however schedule my break or lunch whenever I like, and/or hope the overnight associate who i ssupposed to stock it doen't get to it. Happens quite often. :roll: We had some Rem. .22 Shorts stay in the case for a week or two recently, hopefully things are looking up.
I can get to see it before it gets too either one of you, when it comes off one trailer and gets loaded for distribution, and find which store it ships to. :thumbsup: :chuckles:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.