What's the current value of non-refurb 91/30 bayonets?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bdgfate

What's the current value of non-refurb 91/30 bayonets?

Post by bdgfate »

Wondering the value of a late war (tool chatter) 91/30 bayonet that never saw refurbishment/reblue. Any insight would be helpful.
catcracker

Re: What's the current value of non-refurb 91/30 bayonets?

Post by catcracker »

My guess would be $15-20.
Not very hard to find.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Same thoughts as above. Really how are you really sure they are not refurbed? Bill :o
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

At Cabela's the other day they had a bucket full of 91/30 bayonets for 5 bucks each. Some were black, some were grayish, a few had surface rust. How would you know a refurb from a non refurb? Being matched to the rifle might be more desirable, unless the bayonet has some rare feature or mark. After seeing VKT, SA, and Waffenampt steel stamp punches for sale on Ebay I would be leery of anything unusual.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They would all be refurbs Russell, these are the bayonets they haven't been selling with the rifles. I would have grabbed all of them at that price. Five bucks today, thirty bucks in ten years. I will remember when I could get British spike bayonets for three bucks each, I bought enough for my rifles at the time, but should have bought the entire crate full.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
InOmaha

Post by InOmaha »

bunkysdad wrote:At Cabela's the other day they had a bucket full of 91/30 bayonets for 5 bucks each. Some were black, some were grayish, a few had surface rust. How would you know a refurb from a non refurb? Being matched to the rifle might be more desirable, unless the bayonet has some rare feature or mark. After seeing VKT, SA, and Waffenampt steel stamp punches for sale on Ebay I would be leery of anything unusual.
Mine gave the bayonet to me with the 91/30 but I had to ask. I think they've figured out a way to make a little more on each of them when they have their sales. I went in one day and they had a barrel of ammo pouches for $2.50 each so I bought enough to have 2 for every gun and some extras. I'd pick up some bayonets, slings, tools, etc. out of a barrel for those prices. I'm not sure why they don't sell the accessories extra instead of pile them in the back, dump them in buckets and sell them later. For $10-15 I'd take the greasy little bag with the sling it it. I wouldn't be happy but it would be easier than finding it on-line.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

My supplier for the ones I sell at gun shows is just to lazy or doesn't want to be bothered with them when they sell a rifle so they sell them to me and I get all greasy and make a buck. I pay less than that for them but not by much! Bill :o