K31's in stock

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

K31's in stock

Post by Darryl »

Titanium Hammer

Re: K31's in stock

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Yeah I got in on that deal on Friday. Bought a hand select walnut stock K31 w/ free muzzle cover & sling for $319 & also ordered the bayonet package for $29.95. Pretty excited to see what I get. Hopefully it ships soon as I would really like to have it for this weekend. I'll post pics when she arrives. :thumbsup:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Not a bad deal. :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Jack Flag

Post by Jack Flag »

I guess AIM goofed up a little bit. They originally said, that the rifles had discreet import markings under something or on the bottom of something. I don't recall. But I got an email today on a order I placed on the weekend asking if I wanted to cancel telling about their mistake. They have new pictures up. And it appears that Century (the importer) covered the entire rear of the receiver with their stupid billboard. It looks horrible.

I was casually keeping track of the number of these rifles that sold and how quickly. I was confused yesterday as to how they had 65 of the Walnut ones available one day, then over 80 the next. Must be from cancelled orders.

I know import marks are the way of life. But honestly, I'm not sure if I want this thing now with the stupid billboard on it. Thanks Century. I'm glad AIM owned up to their good though. Sucks, I'm probably gonna cancel it. I hate it when the importers are lazy and nearly destroy the look of firearms.

The entirety of the email.
Dear Valued Customer,

In Regards to your recent K31 Rifle Order.

We inadvertently advertised these K31 rifles had import markings under the barrel, however, the importer of these rifles engraved the receiver. Your order has not been processed yet. If you care to cancel, please reply to this email within 24 hours.

NO RESPONSE IS NECESSARY should you desire your rifle(s) to be shipped.

We apologize for the miscommunication.

Sincerely,

AIM Surplus
Titanium Hammer

Yeah, I was pretty bummed to see that email this morning. I didn't think anyone could top PW Arms when it comes to offensive import markings & their location but congrats to Century for doing it! Kudos to AIM for being forthright about it. I decided to bite the bullet & have them complete my order. :cry:
Emdawg

Post by Emdawg »

K31's getting rejected? Smooth movies CAI!

Swiss rifles coming to a Big 5 near you.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

All is not lost. Southern Ohio Guns has K31s, 1896,1911 and 1911/23 in stock for those of you that have a C&R licence. If you do not have a C&R licence your favorite FFL can order them for you.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Hammer22801

Post by Hammer22801 »

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Wow what a terrible import mark and placement. :shock:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Nevertheless, I like the rifle. CAI should be a little more collector friendly when they go putting their stamp on a fine piece like the K31. I have a couple of CAI Mosins, and their stamp is ugly. Most of my Mosins are ATI and they put a very suttle/small import stamp on the side of the receiver down low; almost to the wood level.
Titanium Hammer

Still waiting for mine to arrive at my FFL. Hey guys, is there any acceptable way to somehow darken that import billboard so that it doesn't attract as much attention? Hammer, what are your overall thoughts on the rifle? Did you opt for the hand select & bayonet? Let us know how she shoots.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

An import stamp is something you just have to live with. It is a necessary evil. I believe that it is a requirement to have it visible. Molot originally had their stamps under the top hand guard on the 91/30, M44 and M38s that they first brought in. They have since relocated them to the side of the receiver. Being detrimental to the value is an individual thing. Personally if it comes down to where and how big an import stamp is on a flawless firearm I want, I don't even see it.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
gurn

Post by gurn »

And wow $30 for the bayo? Now that was a deal on those. I wish I had seen this earlier. Sold out now. I clicked to be notified just in case.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Hammer22801

Post by Hammer22801 »

You can do a little but you can't scrub (remove the stamp).

From AR15.com
Originally Posted By bfg508899:
I'm thinking a touch of cold blue could make the import mark less obvious? Thoughts?
I quickly blobbed on with a touch up pen, let it dry, then removed the excess by gently scrubbing one direction with steel wool.
Hammer22801

Post by Hammer22801 »

Hand select.

# all matching well put together rifle. Stock at the butt end dented and scarred but that's the norm. Bluing very good, bore very good, but no troop tag.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The bayonets sold out about instantly. I figured a dealer somewhere bought all of the bayonets.
Titanium Hammer

Hammer22801 wrote:You can do a little but you can't scrub (remove the stamp).

From AR15.com
Originally Posted By bfg508899:
I'm thinking a touch of cold blue could make the import mark less obvious? Thoughts?
I quickly blobbed on with a touch up pen, let it dry, then removed the excess by gently scrubbing one direction with steel wool.
Thanks Hammer, this is along the lines of what I was thinking of doing. Had I known that Simpson Ltd. had a boatload of these in stock with pretty detailed pictures for $325 I would have probably grabbed one from them but AIM has always done me right and I'm happy that I was lucky enough to snag one of the bayonets for it before they sold out.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

gurn wrote:And wow $30 for the bayo? Now that was a deal on those. I wish I had seen this earlier. Sold out now. I clicked to be notified just in case.
I know... I wanted one of those. :angry4:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Finally had some luck come my way. I got in on the bayonet deal. I am really happy with it.
Titanium Hammer

catcracker wrote:Finally had some luck come my way. I got in on the bayonet deal. I am really happy with it.
Would love to see some pics. I'm picking up my K31 & bayonet tonight from my FFL. :thumbsup: Which maker did you get on the bayonet?