This looks like fun

Rim Fire Firearms
MN Fan

This looks like fun

Post by MN Fan »

The weekly Cabela's flyer had this today:

It's a Mossberg AR-22, 25 round mag built around an AR platform. Existing AR accessories (scopes, red dot, lights, lasers, etc) will fit this rifle. I don't see the rifle on their website, so I grabbed the image direct from Mossberg's website.

It looks like a fun toy for $229 :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This looks like fun

Post by millman »

It's a Mossberg plinkster in a plastic shell. I held one at the LGS and it felt cheap. Just my .02.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

I agree...there's nothing like holding it before you buy it. Quick reviews online are pretty mixed...one site, not one person had a good thing to say about it. Another site and every single owner loved it. Pretty typical I guess.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

It looks cool, and might shoot good, but it didn't feel right to me.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It would be fun to buy one of the higher end ones from Colt or Ruger or Smith and Wesson but if I was spending that much for a 22 I think I would like a nice bolt action first
knssrtrd

Post by knssrtrd »

Had a Plinster went through a brick of bulk with it never a FTF or FTE, the trigger was rough to shoot with. If the AR 22 has a nicer trigger it be a sweet trainer for a center fire. Swapped the 702 for a bolt 22. I do love the the 151 and 346 series rifles they are reliable accurate and for the most part good triggers. Mossberg rifles and shotguns are some of the better deals out there.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

For a second there I thought that was a leggo AR :lol: You can never have enough .22's
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

The nice thing about these is they are so cheap to feed.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:For a second there I thought that was a leggo AR :lol: You can never have enough .22's
I ran across this the other day. I guess the product is similar to legos, and they have a site where they compete in creating a certain item each month. This one happened to be a Mosin Nagant :)

I thought it was pretty creative!

pacanis

Post by pacanis »

I'd get the M&P 22 before that one. There's even a used one at the LGS for 350... Can't beat the real thing though. And as far as plinking with .22s, I'll stick to my Ruger 10/22 carbine with a 30 (?) round magazine. That's just as fun to shoot.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Leggo PU :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BlakeM44

Post by BlakeM44 »

MN Fan wrote:
It's a Mossberg AR-22, 25 round mag built around an AR platform. Existing AR accessories (scopes, red dot, lights, lasers, etc) will fit this rifle. I don't see the rifle on their website, so I grabbed the image direct from Mossberg's website.

It looks like a fun toy for $229 :)
It's funny that you posted this on my birthday; especially since this is what I got! I opted for the flat top version & it now has a red dot & bipod-foregrip. Great set up for an AR trainer.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
~Thomas Jefferson
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Pretty cool present, Blake.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

That's awesome blake, happy belated birthday!

How do you like it? They are on sale again this week :)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Happy birthday :biggrin:
Theodore Roosevelt
BlakeM44

Post by BlakeM44 »

MN Fan wrote:That's awesome blake, happy belated birthday!

How do you like it? They are on sale again this week :)
It's great for what it is. It's definitely worth the sub $300 it's priced at. I don't like that it has the fake charging handle & that you can't change out the pistol grip, but when it's all said and done, what do you expect for that price? Full disassembly is a hassle considering it takes two screws on each side of the stock from the rail to the buttstock, but it's not a deal breaker. It was a tough pick between this and a Romanian AK with a T6 buttstock for 450, but considering I didn't have that much on me, enter 702 flat top. My dad has the railed one. It came with a decent scope for 300. I'll post a picture in a minute.
~Thomas Jefferson
BlakeM44

Post by BlakeM44 »

~Thomas Jefferson
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

It looks good and it looks like it fits you well!

Nice rifle :)
Mikey_P

Post by Mikey_P »

Here's another .22lr AR option for you - here's some pics of my setup. It's a Tactical Solutions dedicated .22lr upper on top of a RRA NM lower. So, if you already have an AR-15, this could maybe work for you. Fun to shoot, and pretty accurate, too! :mrgreen:

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I think I saw that upper in the Cabela's shooting catalog yesterday. I had a USAF .22 conversion kit for the AR but it would not function without massive amounts of lubrication, probably why the USAF got rid of them and so did I at the earliest opportunity.
Theodore Roosevelt