My two Chinese girls

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Misfit

My two Chinese girls

Post by Misfit »

Here's a few pictures of my two Chinese girls. The top one I picked up off of another forum missing quite a few parts. Slowly bringing her back to stock
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: My two Chinese girls

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

Got the firing pin installed on the one with the bayonet today. Took some fitting to get it to fit nicely. Passed the bump fire test. Also test fired it twice. Felt quite good. Gonna take that one to the range Saturday.
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Very nice. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Nice :thumbsup:

Just a question, the bottom one, is the bayonet drooping on it, it should fit flush in the stock groove.

Garyshome wrote:Nice! I could use a few more myself!
:pointup: Me too :chuckles:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

The one one the bottom has a cut down Albanian stock. Originally that one came with a blade style bayonet. I'm in the process of getting the one back to the way she came from the factory. The one on the top is a slightly different story. The previous owner drilled and tapped the reciever for an ak style scope mount so that's what she will get
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

does the top one take the AK style magazines? I cant tell from this angle, but it looks like it from here.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

Sadly it does not. It does have a block installed for detachable magazines. I believe it was a cobray magazine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I have never seen that particular setup before. It sure looks like it would take an ak47 magazine. If you have one lying around you should try to see if it works.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

I don't have any ak mags but I don't think it would work being that the reciever has not been milled out and the rear latch has not been extended
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

Btw that block that's pictured above is plastic and just has a screw holding it in