Thoughts on the Sarsilmaz SARB6P.

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
iwuzwhatiwuz

Thoughts on the Sarsilmaz SARB6P.

Post by iwuzwhatiwuz »

I picked up my SARB6P this afternoon from my local FFL. I have not have the chance to shoot the pistol yet so these are what a youtuber would call a "tabletop review".

I have bought many new firearms and this is the first one I've ever received bone dry. The only oil I could find on the pistol was on the slide release. After oiling it up it was noticeably smoother all around, go figure! The build quality is unbelievably good for a $250 - $300 Hi-cap 9mm, better in fact than some new Rugers I have seen. The only tool marks I can find are on the slide release and safety and are extremely light and only noticeable if one is looking for them.

The DA trigger is decent with some grit but it has noticeably improved after dry firing (with a snap cap) and I'd guestimate it to be a around 10-12lbs. The single action trigger is nice and getting better with only one slight hitch before it breaks at around 3lbs.

The best part (to me) is how good it feels in my hand. The only other poly pistol that I've held that comes close is the Walther PPQ. This thing fits me like a glove and I can't wait to shoot it! Overall I am very optimistic that the SARB6P might be the best budget pistol buy of the last 5+ years. I'll report back after I have a few rounds down range.
Last edited by iwuzwhatiwuz on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwuzwhatiwuz

Re: Thoughts on the Sarsilmaz SARB6P.

Post by iwuzwhatiwuz »

I for got to mention that the price on the B6P has jumped from $267 to $323 (with free shipping) at Buds. CDNN still has them for $250 (+$14 shipping, $264 total) and CDNN's service was excellent! I order on Monday morn and Picked it up Wednesday afternoon.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Cool deal, I am definitely in the crowd that likes 9mm pistols, as well as polymer pistols too. I would like to see a picture. I never even heard of these so I have to look it up to see what you got. :P
cjsimoh

Post by cjsimoh »