New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

rock wrote:Hello,
hello to all,looks like a great forum to meet and greet about the mosins
thank you rock
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

TripleS wrote:I am also new here! I found this site today while searching for info on a recent 91/30 purchase. From what I see so far its a great site and I hope to be on regularly.

A little about myself! I recently started collecting 91/30's and have been addicted since my first a few months ago. A close friend (and new member here as well) derghost got me started a few months ago while at a gun show while searching for a special marking for him. Fortunately for him we found one, then another. He bought one and I asked about the other. I asked if it was my first would it be one to buy. So I came home with a 42/46 MO Izhevsk and started reading and searching what I could find about them. I'm still learning but having fun at the same time. Now that I have a few I want more.
Welcome to the board, good one to start off with, a rifle with a little extra. We don't know yet what that MO means, and the Soviets aren't going to tell us, but it's fun theorizing about it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bd929

Post by bd929 »

Hey all, just wanted to say this is the most informative website for Mosin Nagants and all their variants.

Thanks to all you professionals who share your information / knowledge and thoughts

bd929
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

bd929 wrote:Hey all, just wanted to say this is the most informative website for Mosin Nagants and all their variants.

Thanks to all you professionals who share your information / knowledge and thoughts

bd929
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

dedkat wrote:hello all!
Hello, and welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
longhairlimy

Post by longhairlimy »

Hi to All,Thank You Admins for the add. Got my first,ha ha ha , more to come no doubt,1942 model.lol Don't know much more yet. Got a bunch of sks and ak's. So i now got the fever for a Mosin.I live in the coast range of Oregon.Country boy still at 60.These old Russian guns are very intriguing.I'm sure that i will go after some of the harder one's.But for now my 129.00 purchase is good to go.Got some cleaning to do,but the case of SKS's i got were the same.Thanks for having me here and i look forward to bs'ing and picking brains. Enjoy and Have a great Day to ALL!
ToddJ1007

Post by ToddJ1007 »

I just wanted to say hi. I just ran across this site today. I'm always looking for pictures and information on Russian firearms. I have an AK47 that I had built from a Romanian parts kit, an Arsenal AK74, VZ58 from Czechpoint and just purchased a Russian SKS a couple weeks ago. At some point I would like to add a Mosin. Thanks.

Todd
bikeroc

Post by bikeroc »

Hello,

I am new to the forum and am looking forward to learning a lot about my Mosin
docnoah

Post by docnoah »

good afternoon all. I am Doc Noah from Charlotte, NC. I have recently aquired a Mosin and am looking foeward to learning all I can about it. Back to work now...I'll start picking your brains later. Thanks for including me. Doc
Doc Noah
EthanFrostrider

Post by EthanFrostrider »

Can anyone tell me anything about the Molot mosins. I just picked one up and dont really know anything about them.
EthanFrostrider

Any advice on the mosin m91/30 thats from Molot
EthanFrostrider

I am here and this is my first post
1935_Tula_Hex

Post by 1935_Tula_Hex »

Hello there, first time and proud owner of a 1935 Tula Armory 91/30 Hex. It shoots very well and is incredibly accurate. But the reason y i have join is, i want to make my mosin pretty again.... it was definitely used so it has some imperfections u could say. My main question is the Bore.... its looks pitted and a I have run a few hundred rounds through it and clean it properly every time. Is it worth restoring?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

1935_Tula_Hex wrote:Hello there, first time and proud owner of a 1935 Tula Armory 91/30 Hex. It shoots very well and is incredibly accurate. But the reason y i have join is, i want to make my mosin pretty again.... it was definitely used so it has some imperfections u could say. My main question is the Bore.... its looks pitted and a I have run a few hundred rounds through it and clean it properly every time. Is it worth restoring?
Welcome to the board, the rifle sounds as if it looks as it should. It's a relic of another time, it's seen a lot of history , and real history is a nasty, bloody affair, nothing comes through it without getting the stuffing knocked out a bit. Leave it be and appreciate it for the relic it is, the bore should shoot just fine unless the crown is shot out, take it to the range and see what it will still do, check the headspace first of course.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

longhairlimy wrote:Hi to All,Thank You Admins for the add. Got my first,ha ha ha , more to come no doubt,1942 model.lol Don't know much more yet. Got a bunch of sks and ak's. So i now got the fever for a Mosin.I live in the coast range of Oregon.Country boy still at 60.These old Russian guns are very intriguing.I'm sure that i will go after some of the harder one's.But for now my 129.00 purchase is good to go.Got some cleaning to do,but the case of SKS's i got were the same.Thanks for having me here and i look forward to bs'ing and picking brains. Enjoy and Have a great Day to ALL!
Welcome to the board, been a country boy all my life, nothing else I would want to be, never could stand citys, towns either for that matter. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ToddJ1007 wrote:I just wanted to say hi. I just ran across this site today. I'm always looking for pictures and information on Russian firearms. I have an AK47 that I had built from a Romanian parts kit, an Arsenal AK74, VZ58 from Czechpoint and just purchased a Russian SKS a couple weeks ago. At some point I would like to add a Mosin. Thanks.

Todd
Welcome to the board Todd :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

bikeroc wrote:Hello,

I am new to the forum and am looking forward to learning a lot about my Mosin
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

EthanFrostrider wrote:Can anyone tell me anything about the Molot mosins. I just picked one up and dont really know anything about them.
Molot is a company in Russia that has been exporting various Mosins to the world including the USA. Due to the deteriorating situation between Russia and Ukraine as well as some of it's other neighbors, and the USA's stand against the Soviets in this matter we may soon see that pipeline cut off. Get them while you can.
Theodore Roosevelt
AdanacDJM

Post by AdanacDJM »

Greetings and Salutations.
New to your great site. I've got the milsurp gun bug. Own a couple of guns but no Mosin Nagent, so I thought I'd learn a little bit more about them be4 I pick out a buddy for life.
Kind regards,
Dave
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

AdanacDJM wrote:Greetings and Salutations.
New to your great site. I've got the milsurp gun bug. Own a couple of guns but no Mosin Nagent, so I thought I'd learn a little bit more about them be4 I pick out a buddy for life.
Kind regards,
Dave
Theodore Roosevelt