Walking dead Mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
cappra

Walking dead Mosin

Post by cappra »

Did anyone notice on the latest episode of the Walking Dead, that a guy was using an M44 to spear walkers!
racerguy00

Re: Walking dead Mosin

Post by racerguy00 »

On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
evildog

Post by evildog »

Yes, i caught it and i thinks it's great they are using an old war relic like that. But with all the mosin's out there i'm suprised we wouldn't see more.... :chuckles:

I mean JYD would have enough to put on the bayonets and circle his place as an anti-walker defense system to spear them on.... :pointleft: :chuckles: :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I wouldn't waste rifles for something a sharp stick could do :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

My wife and I were watching it and she shouted "hey that's the rifle I bought you for Christmas!" Yup I picked the right one
markophonic

Post by markophonic »

I saw that!

I'm off to look at a Polish M44 right now! :)
'35 Tula M91/30 hex
'43 Izhevsk M91/30 round w/wartime stock
'43 Izhevsk M38 w/M38 stock
'52 Polish M44 w/Hungarian Stock
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

As obsessive compulsive as we are around here if we were on the road like the guys on the show, we would each have 3 Mosins, a crate of ammo on our back, 2 big Fanny packs with 2 more spam cans inside, and 2 bandoliers of loose rounds ready to go. Of course we would be moving pretty slow, but who cares?
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

You only have to walk faster than they do. Besides, shooting walking dead is a distance sport.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

bunkysdad wrote:As obsessive compulsive as we are around here if we were on the road like the guys on the show, we would each have 3 Mosins, a crate of ammo on our back, 2 big Fanny packs with 2 more spam cans inside, and 2 bandoliers of loose rounds ready to go. Of course we would be moving pretty slow, but who cares?
"walking"? Not hardly, not in a world full of military vehicles, RV's and trucks just waiting there for me to get them running and use them.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

markophonic wrote:I saw that!

I'm off to look at a Polish M44 right now! :)
:thumbsup: Got mine yesterday, good luck with your hunt today! Was watching the show last night and the wife commented: "Hey, that looks like a beat up version of the one you bought today! That's a Mosin right?". While not Polish, it was close enough for me to be proud. It's taken a while but she's starting to recognize them when they show up in films and TV. If it takes the Zombie Apocalypse for her to appreciate my collection, bring it!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

How come we haven't seen the Rambo wannabe on this show yet blazing away with the M60 in one hand, feeding the belt with the other?
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Talk about corosive! :chuckles:
JohnnyChops

Post by JohnnyChops »

Yeah, I saw it too and was hoping to be the first one to post about it. Boy am I way late on this one! Great catch! I noticed that it was a Mosin when the bayonet was still folded back. That scene escalated quite quickly, next thing I knew the bayonet was doing it's job.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

It got my attention when I head the, "snap", of it opening. I knew I had heard that before.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Don't you think by now the remaining few living would be suffering from a serious case of rotten crotch? I seriously don't see how they can even walk. Talk about the walking dead? Good grief. Bust in a house and get some clean clothes and change your dang drawers already. And put on some crotch powder.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

So true. We are such a pampered people, there would be so many skin issues. Butt rash. Crotch rot. Blisters. But then again, we got zombies. So why not huh? lol
evildog

Post by evildog »

As someone pointed out on another forum we would all be glowing zombies as the nuclear facilites would start to melt down without real people running them and would release radiation into the air after at least a year so your done either way you look at it if that happened..........just say'n...
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

evildog wrote:As someone pointed out on another forum we would all be glowing zombies as the nuclear facilites would start to melt down without real people running them and would release radiation into the air after at least a year so your done either way you look at it if that happened..........just say'n...
Most nuke facility's have fail safes to shut themselves down if a) the grid goes of line, and b) things get out of control.. The problem as you state is when the plants run out of power from there emergency generators and the cores/spent rods start to overheat. You have Fukushima all over again.

This is an interesting read
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea ... city-fails

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Not just every nuclear power facility on the planet, but any facility with a nuclear reactor and a cooling pool for the spent fuel. This can include weapons production facilities, research facilities, ships that might become unattended with a reactor still active on board. Add to that the chemical plants and storage parks full of chemicals that can poison the environment, or simply explode. I would have spent the two weeks after the initial collapse heading for the Mount Weather facility, or the Greenbrier hotel bunker, neither of these places will likely survive a nuclear war, but are well equipped to deal with a radiation fallout problem. There are worse things that cannibalistic reanimated corpses.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yeah, like year old rotten crotch.