good day at the range.....

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jimpierce7

good day at the range.....

Post by jimpierce7 »

In spite of the splinter, I carried on. Once again (thanks to springing ahead) I am at the range before the sun comes up.

Very nice day to put some rounds down range..........

I was the bell of the ball (maybe not the right choice of words?) with my new porta-caddy! Only the 91/30s are sitting in it by this time.

how it looked to me down range.........

I have, with out a doubt, fallen back in love with my M39. The new front sight still leaves it shooting a tad high. But close enough I can aim at what I want to hit and hit it. lol I do love the way this gun shoots and feels. These are two separate volleys.

first

second

The Remington. My extra barrel band didn't seem to help much. It still shucked the hand protector in five rounds. Maybe something else is loose? Seems that it its lifetime the front blade took one for the team. I think I might be able to get it to bend back. If not it is no bother really. I think I'm obsessed with learning the trigger.

Like a doof, I forgot my allen wrenches. So no adjusting the 91/30s. Nice thing is Red ('42 Izhevsk) and the '43 Laminate are both pretty on. Just a touch to the right. Not much. I'm thinking my the '42 might be a laminate too. It has the same finish as the '43. Shine and luster that is.
jimpierce7

Re: good day at the range.....

Post by jimpierce7 »

I forgot. There were a few other guys there with Mosins this time. One young guy with a 91/30 he put a scope on. It's his deer rifle. Said he couldn't get it to sight in with the iron sight.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I like shooting near other Mosin shooters. Sometimes they are shooting commercial ammo and give me their reloadable brass.
Cool Old Guns

Post by Cool Old Guns »

Looks like good shooting to me! Like the pics of the range too. Personally I like the challenge of the open sites and if I hunted I would not use a scope on my MN. Last weekend I went to a 100 yard range to shoot my least favorite gun, a common 43 Izhevsk. Well, It shot great! I just wanted to hit the target as I never shot this far before, but the gun did much better than expected. May not be my least favorite anymore. :lol:
Dave's Collection
1933 Izhevsk Hex MO/53 Laminate
1938 Tula M91-30 Laminate
1943 Izhevsk M91-30 First Mosin:)
1943 Izhevsk M91-30 Laminate
1944 Izhevsk M-44
1944 Finnish VKT M-39
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

I prefer open sights myself as well. My groups aren't as tight, but they are pretty good I think.
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Looks like you had a great day Jim, I slipped out myself for a little while although the view from my range was a little different today. I like days like this when I have it all to myself. :wink:
bimmey

Post by bimmey »

Looks like good shooting to me. It will be a couple more months before my range looks like that.
Don't shoot that antique rifle! You could put an eye out!!
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Jbob wrote:Looks like you had a great day Jim, I slipped out myself for a little while although the view from my range was a little different today. I like days like this when I have it all to myself. :wink:

is that multiple distance all stepped out for one location? I like that!! I shoot from the end I do so I can shoot at the metal targets as well. Only it seems most times I shoot and hit the target, I knock it off the wire. lol

Speaking of those metal targets, a couple guys showed up today with armor plating I think. lol It was 1/2" think and what ever they were using for rounds, barely left a mark on them.
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Now that is what I call a berm Jim!
Luthierseye

Post by Luthierseye »

I like your caddy!!! You just gave me an idea to do one as it's a long walk from the car to the range. Great idea.
no4shot

Post by no4shot »

Good shooting guys. I am glad someone is getting out and enjoying themselves. to much snow here to even think about it.
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

clayshooter2 wrote:Now that is what I call a berm Jim!

X's 2 ='s great view as well! :thumbsup:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Is there such a thing as a BAD day at the range ? :chuckles: :chuckles: I think not ! :lol: 8-)
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.