2 birds with one stone.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
VKT1941

2 birds with one stone.

Post by VKT1941 »

So today I found two mosins and for the price I couldn't pass it up! First is 1917 Remington m91 Finn captured the stock has been refinished :cry: but for a $100 I still thought it was worth it. :D Secondly is a 1915 high serial numbered NEW it's missing the top hand guard but again for $100 another one I couldn't pass up it has some neat placements of the SA markings! :D I have one question on the NEW what does the oval with LT with two 1's under that mean it's in the picture of the barrel shank?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: 2 birds with one stone.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good price on both, I can't make out the mark , but I don't recall if we know what it means, most markings on these are unknown. Triple SA marked, nice, Bubba finish or not, any M91 for $100 is a steal, if it's FInn marked that goes double.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I believe that mark is a German capture mark. Great prices even with the stock issues.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
cj1964

Post by cj1964 »

racerguy00 wrote:I believe that mark is a German capture mark. Great prices even with the stock issues.
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinMarks03.htm See row 16, column A - does that mean German airforce...? Real interesting mark on a steal of a deal. Congrats!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :big shock: What a day in the fields. Sweet :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
VKT1941

Post by VKT1941 »

The remington has a double sa stamp too.
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

I think I hate you now, you have gotten two m91's for less then I paid for for one and a Remington and New to boot.. I still don't have one of those.. Grrrr