My shoulder is killing me today.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Misfit

My shoulder is killing me today.

Post by Misfit »

Well this could be the reason. Took the type 53 out for the first time today sent 100 rounds down range
image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: My shoulder is killing me today.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
slcampbell

Post by slcampbell »

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that will go out in the snow to play.
JTheBigJay

Post by JTheBigJay »

NICE!!.. this post made my shoulder feel ALOT better. I only ran 20 rounds through my Finn Saturday. That first picture of yours made me feel lucky to be alive.

Great Stuff!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Hold it right, and it won't hurt you as bad.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

Who ever designed these benches made them for people who are 5 feet tall not
Someone of my height. I ended up putting my ww2 gi mittens under my jacket as an improvised recoil pad and 60 rounds later it wasn't so bad.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I try and limit my shooting to around 40 or 50 rounds of Mosin rounds. Followed by 40 or 50 of .303 rounds and 40 or 50 rounds of 8mm. I my shoulder starts to feel bad I switch to handguns for a while.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

One good thing about winter....heavy padded coats.. :lol:
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

All those shots and not even one flame thrower picture ??? :roll: :lol:
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

If I were to wear a heavy coat I would die. I was in a tshirt with my winter jacket. Now mind you my jacket has no insulation in it what so ever. It's just a shell. It was the third time I've worn a jacket all year. One other time I was skiing and the other time I was sled riding. The rest is just a sweater or a tshirt. People give me strange looks
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

Ha a flame picture is hard to do while you are alone.
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Misfit wrote:Ha a flame picture is hard to do while you are alone.
:lol: I was never so shocked as the first time I fired my T53 and all I could see was a white wall in front of me. My young son came running over saying " Dad, did you see that " Then he shot some videos to show mom when he got home.
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

The only video I took was from behind. Next time I go I'll take a better video and maybe bring out one of the sks's
grgmini

Post by grgmini »

My phone has a slo-mo mode. I took a video of my friend firing my M44 and found one frame with a fireball. Next time I'll get the camera focused farther ahead to catch more fire. Happy shooting -Dan

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn28 ... 4B11B8.png

1945 Izhevsk M44
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Sometimes that fireball is a little distracting. :o I hope to get a little closer to that 100 round mark this Sunday. My flannel coat and t-shirt are almost too much here too. Gets kind of warm. Except for those two weeks early January I think it was? I almost wore gloves then.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

millman wrote:Hold it right, and it won't hurt you as bad.

First thing I thought of! This is a genuine high powered rifle and it should make you know you shot it but if you set it tightly into the right spot and kind of cheat and lean into it a bit it will not hurt the next day as much. I even lean into the rifle when I shoot from the bench too. Of course I am 6'2" and 250 so that helps a bit too. Bill :D
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn28 ... 4B11B8.png

The above picture concerns me.....A LOT..........the idea that someone is BEHIND me (off to the side but still behind) and holding a LOADED firearm is at best, disconcerting......I don't mean to rain on any parade but that range picture is crazy IMHO.......
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Whoa... that's a lot of rounds off the bench. Can understand why the shoulder is hurting. Nice range BTW :vcool: Still too cold and too much snow here. -8 as I look at the thermometer. Your shoulder may hurt but at least you are out shooting :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I thought that was a rather odd range pic myself, but I don't shoot at public ranges so I have no idea what is the norm.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt