My everyday carry......

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Doc A

My everyday carry......

Post by Doc A »

Here's my Taurus PT1911. It's accurate and goes bang bang when I pull the trigger. Thats why it's my everyday carry. I was a Navy Corpsman attached to the Marines, so when I had the grips made I had the USMC emblem put on one grip and the USN on the other.

Juvat462

Re: My everyday carry......

Post by Juvat462 »

Very nice! Looks like a piece of artwork, I'd be afraid I'd damage those beautiful grips! And a big Thank You for your service from one vet to another! :thumbsup:
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

That is almost "to nice" to carry.

Beautiful. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Dolk
Doc A

Post by Doc A »

Juvat462 wrote:Very nice! Looks like a piece of artwork, I'd be afraid I'd damage those beautiful grips! And a big Thank You for your service from one vet to another! :thumbsup:
And thank you for your service. :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. The grips didn't cost that much, that's why I use them when I carry. It's too pretty not too. :D I've got the factory grips but I don't like the way they look or feel.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Good looking pistol! What type of magazines are you using?
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Doc A

Post by Doc A »

ponycarman wrote:Good looking pistol! What type of magazines are you using?
I've got one 8 round which came with it and some 8 round Kimbers that work well with it.
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Thanks :thumbsup: I gotta get some more mags for my rock island. There are so many types available lol.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
Kilroy

Post by Kilroy »

Heyyy, I also use the PT1911, Taurus gets a lot of hate, but I never understand it, the PT1911 is a great shooter and has never failed me, not even once.

I also agree on the factory grip, they were not much fun to look at and didn't feel very good either, I have some honeycomb grips on the way, hoping those feel better :)
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:11"
Doc A

Post by Doc A »

Kilroy wrote:Heyyy, I also use the PT1911, Taurus gets a lot of hate, but I never understand it, the PT1911 is a great shooter and has never failed me, not even once.

I also agree on the factory grip, they were not much fun to look at and didn't feel very good either, I have some honeycomb grips on the way, hoping those feel better :)
What gets me is that a lot of those who hate Taurus haven't even owned one. Yes it's a cheaper priced handgun, but only in price. They use some high quality parts.

The factory grips probably would have felt better if I had 1/2" thick calluses on my hands. :lol: These grips were custom made for me and only cost $70. :D
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Some of Taurus's stuff is awesome and some not so much. I had one of their 1911's and liked it. Just hated the rail. Thats why it got traded. If it was a standard frame I would still have it. Most of their stuff is squared away now. It looks like they have more issues with their polymer stuff but I don't have any experience with them. Just their 1911's haha.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
swoop85

Post by swoop85 »

Looking Good. :biggrin: