How much would you pay for a M44?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
nick101

Re: How much would you pay for a M44?

Post by nick101 »

Paid $300 for mine. Was in pretty decent condition.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Chiroptile wrote:Is there a reason Molots are less expensive than the non-Molots? Other than the whole "we don't really know what Molot is exactly" thing..
Read this link.
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=16326

Well............To the best of my knowledge, MOLOT is a modern day operation that is snatching up stores from the days of the USSR that are located in modern day Russia and doing some "law required stuff " so they can be imported into the US for sale. The other "non-MOLOTS" are coming from locations that we can legally import from.
ANYONE:
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

I got my M44 just before Christmas for $150. It also included 44 rds. of ammo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cclark75006

Post by cclark75006 »

I am new to the forum and new to MN rifles and shooting sports.

I just bought a M44 (Izhevsk) 1944 from Classic for $199 + 10 + 10 = $219 (Hand select bore and hand select overall apperance) I bought the gun the first week of Jan 2014 and noticed the Classic raised the pirce $30 the week after I bought it.

Does anyone know where I can find ammo for my M44 that the rifle ranges will accept. They say no FMJ/Steel core etc...but will accept lead core/hollow point or soft point. I am having trouble finding this ammo on line. If anyone knows
where to find this type of 7.62 x 54R, please let me know.

Thanks
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

What is your locale cclark? Most places have a store or 2 that sells commercial ammo for the mosin. Here there are 2 or 3. One sell prvi partisan and one sells S&B and Winchester and also bear 203. One is a gunstore the other is ace hardware. Big 5 might sell novabrisk or something like that but not sure of the core in it. It is commercial (now) ammo from a military factory from ww2 I think. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

I got my m44 for 180USD but I think 250 is about right now?
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Widners has surplus lead core 182gr match in spam cans,

More expensive than regular surplus but about the same price as commercial ammo.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... 18|830|853
Kollaa kestää
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Holy smokes $350 is not bad compared to some places. :shock:

http://frontierfirearms.ca/firearms/sur ... 2x54r.html
swoop85

Post by swoop85 »

Sonny wrote:Holy smokes $350 is not bad compared to some places. :shock:

http://frontierfirearms.ca/firearms/sur ... 2x54r.html
TULA ...... always command a slight premium :)
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Thanks swoop85.. :wink:

Hey OldRussian...found another one for you..
cclark75006

Post by cclark75006 »

Thanks for the tips on where to find the ammo.
I'll check out Ace Hardware in my area (Dallas,Tx)

I'll check out http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... 18|830|853 as well.

Appreciate the help.
OldRussian

Post by OldRussian »

Sonny wrote:Thanks swoop85.. :wink:

Hey OldRussian...found another one for you..
Not going to make the tour to lethbridge when there is a show in town lol. Thanks Sonny!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

cclark75006 wrote:Thanks for the tips on where to find the ammo.
I'll check out Ace Hardware in my area (Dallas,Tx)

I'll check out http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... 18|830|853 as well.

Appreciate the help.
If you find that Ace Hardware in the DFW area sells ammo let me know. I didn't know that, and when I have seen people say this I just always assumed it was in different parts of the country. If you don't mind driving up to The McKinney area there is a Cabelas that I have seen the soft point ammo but you might call first. They are only about 30 minutes from the Carrollton area. I have found lots of ammo at Gander Mountain but it is all fmj. I shoot hand loads when I go to the Garland range, and have never even tried to shoot my Mosins at any indoor ranges. If you buy online you can get better prices, and just need to buy about 4 or 5 boxes or more so the hipping doesn't hit you too hard.
Russell
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

If you are thinking of buying online you might want to consider checking out this link. It lists a lot of deals on the internet. They might be expensive but it might be a source. Good luck http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/7.62x54R
Tcmosin

Post by Tcmosin »

I got mine a few weeks ago at a gun show, young guy walking around with it over his shoulder, was looking to trade. I ask what he would take in cash, $150 for 1952 Polish M44, I had to switch the stock as the one on the gun was Bubba-ized.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
George Washington