1958 Romanian

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
fintowin

1958 Romanian

Post by fintowin »

Picked up the 1958 Romanian that I posted questions about earlier. Numbers on the bolt and receiver match, but nothing else. the guy I got it from had it in a black dragonov stock with a 30 round mag. He had a pile of SKS parts and stocks and let me go through and piece it back together. I found a Romanian stock, a factory magazine that I think is Yugoslavian, a sling that I think is Romanian, and a handguard that matched color. He wanted $400, and was very firm on price, but I eventually convinced him it wasn't worth that much, without matching numbers. Got him down to $350. I have been looking all over for the sling to put in the pics, but I misplaced it....old age creeping in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Greasemonkey

Re: 1958 Romanian

Post by Greasemonkey »

Nice :thumbsup:

It is a Yugo mag, good job matching the handguard. The handguard wood looks kinda like the elm used on Yugoslavians.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Greasemonkey wrote:Nice :thumbsup:

It is a Yugo mag, good job matching the handguard. The handguard wood looks kinda like the elm used on Yugoslavians.
Pretty sure it is a Yugo handguard. It was the closest thing he had in the pile. BTW, the Chinese mags wont fit in the Romanian. At least the ones he had there wouldn't.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

It more than likely would fit, but it would need fitting for the particular rifle. Most parts on them(except Yugo M59/66 gas system parts, Chinese long/short lug vs pinned stocks) are close enough that most parts are interchangeable.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice. My 59 Romanian SKS was the rifle that put me on the road to collecting milsurps many moons ago.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Simo

Post by Simo »

I love the Romanian SKS, I see you have finish on the metal, aren't you special lol that's beautiful!
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

Nice Romy there. Did you ever find the sling ?
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Still one of the holes in my collection. Nice addition! :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

very nice romanian sks i picked one of them up recently too not as good of shape as yours is though i got mine for $300 with 60 rounds of chinese ammo and 2 stripper clips and a nice sock.
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... 45&t=17905
dou44

Post by dou44 »

nice find, it took me a few years to track down a 1960 dated one in good shape.