I don't even remember bidding ?!?!?!?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Luthierseye

Re: I don't even remember bidding ?!?!?!?

Post by Luthierseye »

Now I'm worried; that could happen to me!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jimpierce7 wrote:sounds like Ambien to me....... lol My wife gets up after she has gone to bed, makes a meal and eats it, and never remembers it. lol
I am going to use that one next time I am on the scale at the Doc's :twisted: Must be the Ambien's fault......
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I hope it happens to me soon. I am sure I could blame it on the new dog. We are getting the 2 year old boxer on Saturday. Yeah baby, the dog did it. She can count
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

bunkysdad wrote:I hope it happens to me soon. I am sure I could blame it on the new dog. We are getting the 2 year old boxer on Saturday. Yeah baby, the dog did it. She can count
The new dog made you sleep make, and eat a Dagwood sandwich? :lol:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

"Horrible bore" probably means as smooth as a baby's bottom.

I would suspect that you won't be able to assess how to repair the stock until you actually have it in hand. I can't see what the extent of the actual separation is along that fissure. And of course, the "how" of the repair is tied to whether you want to shoot it.

Neat rifle, though.
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

I think you got a good buy :attn: :attn: :attn:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
gurn

Post by gurn »

I would have bought it in a heart beat! Easy fix and at least its not a bad repair already. You have a chance to fix it right. It said not matching bolt? the bolt looks matching to me.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
emcon5

Post by emcon5 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
emcon5 wrote:Non refurbished? Isn't that a post war stock?
It is, these rifles were used by the Red Army during WW2, they were sent to the same refurbishing facility as all your red shellac refurbs, they were then sent as aid to various buffer states to arm their pro commie armys. decades of use by the buffer states, including their last stop, Romania, left them looking as they had the day the red army soldier turned it in after the fall of Germany. Most of these will have refurb stamps, and the typical mix of parts found in any refurb.
Right, but clearly it was refurbished at some point, so if it was me, I wouldn't bother trying to fix the broken post war stock. Get one of these and call it good:
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... ategory=17
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Refurb stocks do not match the metal, anyway, fixing these stocks is just part of owning these rifles, the Romanian soldier would have had to fix it also. One of these rifles I have has no less than 8 repairs.
Theodore Roosevelt
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Romanian military rifle, I have it's twin, but without the cracked stock, glue should fix that. Doing things and then having no memory of them, not good, that's called having a blackout, lay off the sauce and see a Doctor :lol: Next time you could bid on and win something costing a few grand or more, 1907 carbine, used car, $3000 worth of women's lingerie.... and wouldn't that be hard to explain!
Put a lock on both the sauce cabinet and the refrig and avoid the sleeping walking problems.

I only have a problem when I've had a single malt or two and then bid... :bwink:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Best "blackout" I ever saw was our Mr Z, He got to drinking one day and when it was over his moms brand new car was upside down in the middle of an intersection, him missing and the target of a three town search for two days, and nine months later the counter girl were he worked presented him with a fine, healthy baby girl. Just one story in the legend of Zeek
Theodore Roosevelt