Walther PPQ M1

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Axios

Walther PPQ M1

Post by Axios »

I bought this one on 2/9/12 and just wanted to write up a short blurb about it.

I've only put around 200rds through this pistol. That said, I'm so far highly impressed with the pistol. It is striker fired double stack 9mm (or .40S&W if you prefer the heavier caliber). It comes with box, lock, papers, shot target, fired case, 3 interchangeable backstraps, and two 15rd mags (9mm). It has adjustable sights, however they are plastic and will need to be replaced on a serious carry or home defense gun, you should have steel sights in my opinion.

It is a little different than your average American service pistol. It has the mag release paddle, like an HK. But, that said, the paddle is quite large and easy to manipulate. It takes a little time to get used to, but feels more intuitive than a button that you may have to shift your grip to reach. So far, I haven't had to shift my grip a bit to reach the mag release paddle with my right index finger. Just a quick sweep down and it jettisons the mag with vigor.

Pros:
Nice fit and finish
Short trigger with audible/tactile reset (best out of the box trigger of any new Poly-framed 9mm I've tried)
Simple and easy to disassemble
Lightweight for fullsize
Thin feel for a doublestack frame

Cons:
Plastic sights
New gun, so not much support gear to choose from

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. - Thomas Jefferson
tjtM38

Re: Walther PPQ M1

Post by tjtM38 »

Love the Walthers; well designed and reliable pistols.