VZ 58

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Patient957

Re: VZ 58

Post by Patient957 »

A J wrote:Buds Guns just increased their VZ58 prices from $465 to $575. Right now, AIM has a much better deal at only $500 with more accessories: 5 mags instead of just 1.
I bought one of these (vz2008) from Buds on the 29th. I called twice, last on 1/9, because it still had not shipped. They told me I was only on business day 8 of a possible 14 business day delay. I canceled and moved on over to J&G since AIM was still out of stock. It was $30 less than Buds and it shipped same day. I have to go pick her up this evening! So if your in the market for one of these I would steer clear of Buds right now.
Patient957

Post by Patient957 »

Don't mean to hijack the thread...I went and picked up my vz2008 from FFL yesterday. I couldn't be happier. The fit and finish are top notch, a vast difference over the Century wasr's. The takedown pins are still a little tough to move along with the button for the stock, but these will wear in over time. The rifle feels great when shouldered. I did a paracord wrap on the stock to help my cheek out a little. Here's a pic!

Axios

Post by Axios »

Here's my VZ-58, my favorite weapon chambered in 7.62x39:

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. - Thomas Jefferson
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I got one from J&G last week with two extra mags and a bayo for $510 shipped. Got to me way up here in Wisconsin quick. Ordered on Wednesday morning, and got it the following Wed. morning. Haven't shot it yet, but it sure seems like a nice gun compared to some of the AK variants i've had.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
A J

Post by A J »

By the way, in the state of Michigan, the VZ58 is actually considered a pistol. Not sure about other states. My FFL gave me the registration form and said that I need to send a copy to my Sheriff's office. That's the first time I heard it's considered a pistol. I laughed and replied, "OK, since it's a pistol, I suppose it would be alright for me to carry this as a concealed carry?" :)

I'm still waiting for a day that's warmer than 20 degrees to go out and fire this thing. My brother and I have a big day planned but don't want to be completely miserable.
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

That pistol designation is ridiculous. You just showed why with your concealed carry question. Some of the stuff they come up with just boggles the mind. You can be sure that countless lives will be saved because of this. :vconfused:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
A J

Post by A J »

Apparently people who don't understand firearms are the ones making the laws.