stripper clips? to buy

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
global650

stripper clips? to buy

Post by global650 »

anyone no where to buy any stripper clips or ammo with stripper clips that is not reproduction

thanks
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: stripper clips? to buy

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Liberty tree collectors, click on the banner at the top of any board page.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Unless you are in a "combat situation" loading one after another suffices. :wink:

But, if you are in a "combat situation" you better have 20 or 30 round mags pre-loaded and ready to rock & roll. :mrgreen:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I load one at a time, who needs the aggravation of the clips, Mauser clips they ain't. If it comes to the point that I need rapid fire then my M14 is what will be in my hands, not a bolt rifle.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Liberty tree collectors, click on the banner at the top of any board page.
They haven't had them in stock for a few years now...
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Someone had the brass repro's on evilbay a while back. I see many of the Izhevsk ones on there too.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I load one at a time, who needs the aggravation of the clips, Mauser clips they ain't. If it comes to the point that I need rapid fire then my M14 is what will be in my hands, not a bolt rifle.
And unlike the Black Plastic Guns, they fire time and again even if they have fouled gas ports.

That's why screaming Gen. George Patton said of the specific weapon system...the greatest battle rifle in the world. :pointup:
global650

Post by global650 »

thanks i have a few coming I found just to have a few tricky to find surplus ones everyone is out of the older ones and ebay is nearly all the china made ones etc

is there anyone still selling the surplus ammo where they came in the stripper clips installed ? or negative

thanks for all the assistance
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Finding the cans of 300 rounds with them already on the clips are still out there. I just can't remember where I saw them last. Price was the average price you would normally pay anyway. I purchased a can. That supplied me with all the clips I will ever need. I think I would do a web search on that if I were you.
Good luck.
Cat

Example. But out of stock.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... groupid=40
ModelAUZI

Post by ModelAUZI »

I got some at a gun show. Look at the back of them and see if they have an arsenal mark. The knock offs don't work that well.
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
- Ted Nugent
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

I see quite a few originals for sale on E-Bay but oh how the prices have gone up. Some of the Izhevsk marked ones like we got with that ammo SGAmmo sold are now going for about $5 a piece and even more. Hell the ammo was only $150/600rds with 120 strippers and that was including shipping. http://gun-deals.com/deals/12636-russia ... ins-crated
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Pureform wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Liberty tree collectors, click on the banner at the top of any board page.
They haven't had them in stock for a few years now...
I picked up a 300 round tin a few months back right here on the board , but that stuff is not as common now. Gunbroker.com, search for 7.62x54r on the clip and some stuff should turn up.
Theodore Roosevelt
tiberium51

Post by tiberium51 »

That is the stuff I would like to get because I know the stripper clips would be good

1942 - Izhevsk Red Letter /25\ 91/30 РВ4363 all matching including bayonet (my baby)
1940 - Izhevsk 91/30 (bubba got ahold of it, waiting to be rebuilt)
[] Front Sight
[x] Rear Sight
[] Stock
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

I ended up buying a 20 pack of the cheep ones off of amazon. I don't have my hopes up very high
No_0ne

Post by No_0ne »

The last place I saw that had any significant stock of the 300 round surplus on stripper clips was J&G Sales. I think they have been sold out for several months now.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Misfit wrote:I ended up buying a 20 pack of the cheep ones off of amazon. I don't have my hopes up very high
Good enough for a display item, not so good for real use.
Theodore Roosevelt
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Misfit wrote:I ended up buying a 20 pack of the cheep ones off of amazon. I don't have my hopes up very high
Good enough for a display item, not so good for real use.

That's what I thought when buying them but for $7 shipped I figured I would give it a shot. Then there is the logic that my rifle is Chinese and these clips are Chinese so who knows :)
Misfit

Post by Misfit »

Just got my stripper clips in. 11 out of the 20 simply would not feed. 5 would feed quite well and 4 would feed but not let the bolt go foreword? Don't know if that was my fault or what