Just ordered a case/880 from SG Ammo

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Mike

Re: Just ordered a case/880 from SG Ammo

Post by Mike »

qz2026 wrote:These posts get me all fired up to go out and get some more. Then, I go down to the cave and see what I have and think, how will I ever shoot 9000+ rounds. Just a matter of time though... :shock:
I've probably got more than I will shoot in my lifetime too, so, at my current rate of shooting I have put about 30 years worth of surplus and new commercial stuff in my ammo safe. Stashed elsewhere I have three spam cans, multiple loose packs and a couple of hundred rounds of Brown Bear soft point hunting ammo, this is my SHTF stash. If the S never does HTF, this ammo will be divided up and go to the grandkids with the guns.

See? With a plan like that you can always justify more. :D
Last edited by Mike on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

With my arthritis I am not shooting anything like what I used to shoot, I have well more than I will ever shoot in pretty much every caliber I shoot the most.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Mike wrote:
qz2026 wrote:These posts get me all fired up to go out and get some more. Then, I go down to the cave and see what I have and think, how will I ever shoot 9000+ rounds. Just a matter of time though... :shock:
I've probably got more than I will shoot in my lifetime too, so, at my current rate of shooting I have put about 30 years worth of surplus and new commercial stuff in my ammo safe. Stashed elsewhere I have three spam cans, multiple loose packs and a couple of hundred rounds of Brown Bear soft point hunting ammo, this is my SHTF stash. If the S never does HTF, this ammo will be divided up and go to the grandkids with the guns.

See? With a plan like that you can always justify more. :D
10-4...

I've told my son that when the SHTF I can arm and provide ammo for the whole subdivision :D
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

daveshady wrote:I need to do that, Aim has SPAMS on sale at 85$ each just got email......... but is the cival war coming sooner than I thought
I already have 1500 rounds.... :vconfused:
Damn, are you guys planning to invade the South again, all of your retirees are already down here trying to avoid the taxation from the states that they formerly lived in. :angry4:
With Union retirement wages.

Go further South, that's where all the Yankee's live it's called Florida. :angry4:
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

I grab a case whenever I see it for the right price. I've been holding out for $160/65 but I don't have any Romanian 7.62 so for $185 I grabbed one.
Tnic

Post by Tnic »

Can one actually have too much ammo?

Nah, get more. Think of the bartering you can do with the excess.
Если не мы, то кто?

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.”

― George Orwell
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

Joeinthehills wrote:
daveshady wrote:I need to do that, Aim has SPAMS on sale at 85$ each just got email......... but is the cival war coming sooner than I thought
I already have 1500 rounds.... :vconfused:
Damn, are you guys planning to invade the South again, all of your retirees are already down here trying to avoid the taxation from the states that they formerly lived in. :angry4:
With Union retirement wages.

Go further South, that's where all the Yankee's live it's called Florida. :angry4:

Cue up the Charlie Daniels Bands The Souths gonn do it again!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

you might want to look at this

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=18457
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
markophonic

Post by markophonic »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :biggrin:
'35 Tula M91/30 hex
'43 Izhevsk M91/30 round w/wartime stock
'43 Izhevsk M38 w/M38 stock
'52 Polish M44 w/Hungarian Stock
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

If you can open these cans from the back, as collectors will pay $15.00 for an empty can if the front is preserved... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The hell with the can collectors, these empty cans make great parts trays, tool trays, carburetor soaking bins, cat food trays, receptacles for all the spare nuts bolts and screws that seem to otherwise be all over the place. They hold empty brass also :)
Theodore Roosevelt
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

During one of the recent panics, been too many to keep track, a friend mentioned he was planning on buying an AR. I've nothing against and AR just having carried a M16A1 never had a desire for a semi-auto version. I told him that for what he was paying for an AR I could buy enough Mosins to give every house within a mile radius of me a Mosin and combat load of ammo. That would be my early warning system, hear the bark of a Mosin and know something is up. For those wondering unless the wind is REALLY blowing hard the wrong way you CAN hear the bark of a Mosin from a mile away.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The only plus for the plastic fantastic is that it can be used by everyone in the family, kids, older people, smaller woman, men who have never fired a weapon before. Only a .22 LR is easier to use by non shooters It would not be even close to the first choice for myself, the M39 is higher on my list, and I would never pay the insane sort of money people were paying for them not long ago. Three grand? Four? Were they out of their f***in' minds? That kind of money I buy a fast good used car to get away from whatever it is with, and a Mosin plus case of ammo.
Theodore Roosevelt
markophonic

Post by markophonic »

The Romanian 7.62x54r from SG Ammo showed up yesterday...after taking longer than normal to arrive (due to the weather no doubt).

I haven't opened a can yet...I may not open any yet as I have a bunch of Russian silver tip stuff thats already opened and transferred to ammo cans. But I am curious about how it shoots, so I may crack one open.

'35 Tula M91/30 hex
'43 Izhevsk M91/30 round w/wartime stock
'43 Izhevsk M38 w/M38 stock
'52 Polish M44 w/Hungarian Stock
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

Hmmm im thinking to buy or not to buy...
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello, Hell, with all the money I just saved; on my new affordable health insurance policy, I should be able to buy a whole truck load of ammo... Man, you gotta, to love this county.... GOD BLESS AMERICA. Buy now, cry latter....