New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

kingstar66 wrote:Hi Everybody!!
5 mosins and already screwed up on two of them. Re-finished the stocks. Live and learn. Wish I had come her first.

Eric
Welcome to the board Eric too bad about the refinished stocks.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
s1120

Post by s1120 »

Hello all! I new to the Mosin world, and higher powerd rifles in general. Im a pistol guy, starting to branch out. Been looking for a fun gun in the 30 cal range. I don't care for modern guns. Im a lover of old steel, and wood. Looking for something old, not a safe dweller, that a guy can afford to buy, and shoot. The Mosin Nagants seem to fit that bill perfect, so im here to research.
Clink 54

Post by Clink 54 »

Hello everyone,

I fired my first 43 Tula today. At 50 yards five rounds went in three holes. Ok, the two holes looked like 8's, but they were in line with the bullseye 1.5 inches to the right. A couple of taps with a brass tool, and she should be dead on. The mnp I'll move her to 100 and see what happens.

Sorry, but I don't think this weapon kicks any harder than my lightweight .270 win. The way every one talked I thought I was going to feel a .458. Of course I had on a thick jacket.

I'll post pictures on the .43 later.

Clink
Armidaios

Post by Armidaios »

Hi all!

I am relatively new to the firearms world (bought my first hand gun earlier this year) and just bought my first rifle this past week. It is a 91/30 stamped 42 I love the fact that this firearm has some rich history to it! I look forward to posting some pics tomorrow and learning from you all!
elephas17

Post by elephas17 »

Hi from New Zealand :) I recently bought my first MN a few days ago, but have been reading up on the Mosins for many months now.

Post more soon,
Simon
chanyote66

Post by chanyote66 »

Hello everyone!
I am a new mosin collector and recently found a few very clean rifles.

I currently have a 1942 and a 1926. We are currently working on cleaning them up even though they are already clean and have a good 30 rounds through each to check function. the 1926 cycles so much better than the wartime models! even with a polished bolt for the 1942 it still cycles with almost twice the force of the 26.

Cant wait to learn more on here!

Chris
Lewishut

Post by Lewishut »

Shot my first mosin today loved it and now I'm addicted. It's a straight shooter. Ran some steel core surplus what would be my other options on ammo.
Is their any buddy else from utah, I would like to find some other mosin shooters.

attachment=2]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388377567.578069.jpg[/attachment]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388377583.946137.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388377595.574283.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bluegrassman

Post by bluegrassman »

Hello all. Thanks for adding me. My first Mosin is on it's way. I'll likely be back around next weekend with questions!
joefast

Post by joefast »

New member here, bought my first Mosin at cabelas last week, a 1938 Izhevsk. Been reading up ever since and I think I'm hooked on collecting these rifles. Scouring the net looking for my next one.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

s1120 wrote:Hello all! I new to the Mosin world, and higher powerd rifles in general. Im a pistol guy, starting to branch out. Been looking for a fun gun in the 30 cal range. I don't care for modern guns. Im a lover of old steel, and wood. Looking for something old, not a safe dweller, that a guy can afford to buy, and shoot. The Mosin Nagants seem to fit that bill perfect, so im here to research.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Clink 54 wrote:Hello everyone,

I fired my first 43 Tula today. At 50 yards five rounds went in three holes. Ok, the two holes looked like 8's, but they were in line with the bullseye 1.5 inches to the right. A couple of taps with a brass tool, and she should be dead on. The mnp I'll move her to 100 and see what happens.

Sorry, but I don't think this weapon kicks any harder than my lightweight .270 win. The way every one talked I thought I was going to feel a .458. Of course I had on a thick jacket.

I'll post pictures on the .43 later.

Clink
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Armidaios wrote:Hi all!

I am relatively new to the firearms world (bought my first hand gun earlier this year) and just bought my first rifle this past week. It is a 91/30 stamped 42 I love the fact that this firearm has some rich history to it! I look forward to posting some pics tomorrow and learning from you all!
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

elephas17 wrote:Hi from New Zealand :) I recently bought my first MN a few days ago, but have been reading up on the Mosins for many months now.

Post more soon,
Simon
Welcome to the board Simon, How is the Mosin situation in NZ? Common rifle, expensive, restricted like Australia? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

chanyote66 wrote:Hello everyone!
I am a new mosin collector and recently found a few very clean rifles.

I currently have a 1942 and a 1926. We are currently working on cleaning them up even though they are already clean and have a good 30 rounds through each to check function. the 1926 cycles so much better than the wartime models! even with a polished bolt for the 1942 it still cycles with almost twice the force of the 26.

Cant wait to learn more on here!

Chris
Welcome to the board Chris, With the refurbs it's luck not age that determines how nicely they will function. While the barrel and receiver are 1926 the rest of the rifles parts can be any year or arsenal , wartime Izhevsk being the most common due to huge production totals 1941-45. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

bluegrassman wrote:Hello all. Thanks for adding me. My first Mosin is on it's way. I'll likely be back around next weekend with questions!
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

joefast wrote:New member here, bought my first Mosin at cabelas last week, a 1938 Izhevsk. Been reading up ever since and I think I'm hooked on collecting these rifles. Scouring the net looking for my next one.
Welcome to the board :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
m44carbine

Post by m44carbine »

New owner of an M44 carbine. Decided to get the carbine before the 91/30.
I understand there is a cure for Mosinitis somewhere on this site. Please point me to where I can find it before I'm infected.

Thanks
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

m44carbine wrote:New owner of an M44 carbine. Decided to get the carbine before the 91/30.
I understand there is a cure for Mosinitis somewhere on this site. Please point me to where I can find it before I'm infected.

Thanks
There is no cure. Im sorry but spend more than 10 minutes on this site and you are toast. Welcome.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

m44carbine wrote:New owner of an M44 carbine. Decided to get the carbine before the 91/30.

Thanks
Welcome to the board, you have a better chance of getting over Ebola without meds than curing Mosinitis :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Armidaios

Post by Armidaios »

Took mine out shooting for the first time loved it need some more time to practice. It was my first time shooting a rifle. 50 yards with 8 inch radius (I stink I know) this was the best pic I could get. The markings are very faint I will try to take those with a better camera.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.