No more guns this year........but.......

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
berkmberk1

No more guns this year........but.......

Post by berkmberk1 »

I didn't say anything about no new accessories........check this out.......
m39bayonet.jpg
m39bayonet2.jpg
m39bayonet3.jpg
bayonets.jpg
fixedbayonets.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
Armor, Cavalry, Infantry, Recruiting, Transportation
1st Cav, 4 ID, 8 ID, 82d Airborne
Titanium Hammer

Re: No more guns this year........but.......

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Wow! Very nice bayonet collection you've got there, congrats! :Drool1: :Drool1: 8-) :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Bayonets are as addictive as rifles almost. I don't even mind if I don't have a rifle for it yet. I have considered a repop m39 bayonet due to the cost of the real one, but I will hold out for awhile. Very good looking trio of rifles you have there. All premium stuff.:P
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Very cool! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Very nice :thumbsup: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

My philosophy has evolved here in the last year or two. I've finally gotten enough ambition to ransack all my storage spaces and consolidate my "shooting stuff" to see what I needed to shoot my CMP M1 (purchased in 1991 for $95 I think....when you were only allowed one...ever!). I haven't fired it since around '98. Anyway, I put things off for years......not getting any more M1s, not getting in on the M2 ammo now gone, missing out on Nagant revolvers because I thought they'd be around forever, not using my C&R at all for five years...........I've missed out on alot of deals and chances.............and I'm not getting any younger. Thanks to Mssrs Mosin, and Nagant, the Finns, Pat Burns, the great people on this website, I've gotten re-energized. To that end, I am not going to pass up any good opportunities. When I saw this M39 bayonet on a Finnish Militaria website, I contacted the proprietor and got the lowdown on the piece.........there weren't many made...........most were exported to dealers here, but he did say that the army retained a lot for such things as Dress Parade items (i.e. our Old Guard) and for testimonial awards to active duty and vet personnel. I have only seen one other for sale, and that was on Gun Broker and it got snapped up. When he satisfied me on the authenticity, I grabbed it........I CRINGED....but I grabbed it. In this day and age of skyrocketing prices I'm betting its money well spent. I don't INVEST in guns and ammo, I SHOOT guns and ammo. i've sold some to take care of my kids and pay other bills in tight times, and I supppose I might have to again. But if I don't, my son will have some sort of legacy from me, and he can handle them, shoot them, or sell them as he sees fit..........and if I forget to get a new pack of BIC razors.........this bayo will fill in nicely...its that sharp :big shock:
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
Armor, Cavalry, Infantry, Recruiting, Transportation
1st Cav, 4 ID, 8 ID, 82d Airborne
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I never bought a gun in my life as an "investment" I bought them because I wanted them, screw the money, sometimes too much, other times real bargains. In the end it came out even, whatever overpayments I made time erased, and now it looks as if I paid pocket change. I never sold anything, just hoarded it all into boxes, crates, lockers, safes, now that it's more expensive than gold I relax and have fun with it all. From time to time I pull something out that I entirely forgot I bought way back when, it's like getting it new all over again.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt