New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
WeldonHunter

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by WeldonHunter »

Chinacat wrote:I'm a real dude. I run the Guild of Mosin Nagant Owners Facebook group.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Cool, welcome aboard, got a link to the group?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

rmille6161 wrote:found several in afghanistan in 2009, was intresting
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

wvmn wrote:Hello so far I've got three I can't stop!
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

sonney wrote:Hi new member just got my Mosin 91/30 built in 1942 very good condition bore has not been drilled numbers all match furniture is in very good condition. Got at Gander Mountain and it came out of refurbish in Wis. Now looking for a good M44 to go alone with it. I am sure I will find one in good condition in time.

Sonney
Theodore Roosevelt
martinincanada

Post by martinincanada »

Hi, joined to share pictures of a collectable 1940 Tula M38 Mosin Nagant carbine I have just acquired and to communicate with other collectors and shooters.
Len S

Post by Len S »

Hi all , thanks for letting me come aboard. I think I'm going to like it here.

Len
..of those men who have overturned the liberties of republics, the greatest number have begun their career by paying an obsequious court to the people; commencing demagogues, and ending tyrants. -Alexander Hamilton , The Federalist Papers
skx762

Post by skx762 »

Hello, I joined wanting to learn about Mosin Nagant rifles and carbines. I will be watching and listening more than posting. Lots of stuff to read and pictures to see here. Thanks to all that contribute to this forum.
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Hello, new guy from the mountain state. I own a well used 91/30 that I've had for many years and shot it at a bolt match for the first time last Spring. To my surprise after a few pointers from an old vet about POI I placed 4th out of 20+ shooters.
I just picked up a second Mosin M53 thinking it was a M44, ( still learning ). I was dissapointed at first until reading a little more about it. I'm happy with it now since thay all have their place in history.
Look forward to learning and asking questions before my next purchases.
Thanks!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

martinincanada wrote:Hi, joined to share pictures of a collectable 1940 Tula M38 Mosin Nagant carbine I have just acquired and to communicate with other collectors and shooters.
Welcome to the board, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Len S wrote:Hi all , thanks for letting me come aboard. I think I'm going to like it here.

Len
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

skx762 wrote:Hello, I joined wanting to learn about Mosin Nagant rifles and carbines. I will be watching and listening more than posting. Lots of stuff to read and pictures to see here. Thanks to all that contribute to this forum.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
rovingtexan

Post by rovingtexan »

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! I'm kinda new to the Mosin-Nagant community but I recently purchased one and was so happy that I bought my second one today. I was looking up some information on some stock marks and stumbled across this forum. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys!

Ken
TickMagnet

Post by TickMagnet »

Hello all! I finally found a Mosin Nagant worth buying, just getting the packing grease off her and broke her down to get all the nooks and crannies clean. Took off all the wood, cleaned the barrel inside and out, She's a 1931 hex hardwood from the Tula factory. Pics will follow. Many thanks to westrifle.com! Amazing service and shipping. They also have pictures of every rifle they have for sale and you know what you are getting. Sorry Canada only.
Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe »

Determined to stop at one (Yeah right) I finally bought my first Mosin - an Izhevskh M44 from J&G Sales. Very happy with the rifle - I get to fire it this next week.

My eyes are getting bad so I'm putting a long eye relief scope on it (keeping the rear sight intact) - any thoughts about the use of the scope (3-7x32 from NCStar) with the Mosin given its recoil?
When Xerxes demanded that Leonidas and the Spartans lay down their arms at Thermopylae, Leonidas responded "Molon Labe - Come and Take them".
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

rovingtexan wrote:Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! I'm kinda new to the Mosin-Nagant community but I recently purchased one and was so happy that I bought my second one today. I was looking up some information on some stock marks and stumbled across this forum. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys!

Ken
Welcome to the board Ken :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

TickMagnet wrote:Hello all! I finally found a Mosin Nagant worth buying, just getting the packing grease off her and broke her down to get all the nooks and crannies clean. Took off all the wood, cleaned the barrel inside and out, She's a 1931 hex hardwood from the Tula factory. Pics will follow. Many thanks to westrifle.com! Amazing service and shipping. They also have pictures of every rifle they have for sale and you know what you are getting. Sorry Canada only.
Welcome to the board
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Molon Labe wrote:Determined to stop at one (Yeah right) I finally bought my first Mosin - an Izhevskh M44 from J&G Sales. Very happy with the rifle - I get to fire it this next week.

My eyes are getting bad so I'm putting a long eye relief scope on it (keeping the rear sight intact) - any thoughts about the use of the scope (3-7x32 from NCStar) with the Mosin given its recoil?
Welcome to the board, someone should have an idea about a scope setup. I don't scope the milsurps myself, I just point in the direction of the target and use " The Force" :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
kingstar66

Post by kingstar66 »

Hi Everybody!!
5 mosins and already screwed up on two of them. Re-finished the stocks. Live and learn. Wish I had come her first.

Eric
ridinlowinky

Post by ridinlowinky »

I'm new from southeastern Kentucky and just bought my first mosin today. I've yet to give it a good cleaning yet. But when I get a couple days off from work I'm going to dive in. Very nice site here with lots of information. Thanks for letting me join.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ridinlowinky wrote:I'm new from southeastern Kentucky and just bought my first mosin today. I've yet to give it a good cleaning yet. But when I get a couple days off from work I'm going to dive in. Very nice site here with lots of information. Thanks for letting me join.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt