Cabela's Sale

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
djbuck1

Cabela's Sale

Post by djbuck1 »

$129. Found a 1926 Tula. Life is good. :D
Lotema

Re: Cabela's Sale

Post by Lotema »

Nice! Unfortunately both of the cabelas around me are completely out of them. Saw a beautiful stock on a 38 Tula at a local Big 5. They also had a very nice 34 Tula hex...

post some pictures of the 26!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Lotema wrote:Nice! Unfortunately both of the cabelas around me are completely out of them. Saw a beautiful stock on a 38 Tula at a local Big 5. They also had a very nice 34 Tula hex...

Will do. I'm in the "background check holding pattern" while they call Trayvon Sr. to make sure I'm not a threat to anyone.
Live_2_Ride

Post by Live_2_Ride »

Congratulations! The Big 5 here has a 1926, but they want $179.99 for it "on sale" and won't negotiate further on price. Think I need to make a road trip.
InOmaha

Post by InOmaha »

djbuck1 wrote:
Lotema wrote:Nice! Unfortunately both of the cabelas around me are completely out of them. Saw a beautiful stock on a 38 Tula at a local Big 5. They also had a very nice 34 Tula hex...

Will do. I'm in the "background check holding pattern" while they call Trayvon Sr. to make sure I'm not a threat to anyone.
That's strange. Our Cabelas has a computerized system and I usually have to wait in line longer than the background check takes. Not sure what shooting a kid has to do with anything either.
ksb63

Post by ksb63 »

Stopped by 2 Cabelas and one Gander Mountain One of the Cabelas completely out the other had 15 of the 42 Izhevsk The Gander Mountain had 8 42 Izhevsk 1 43 and 1 41 Izhevsk.
PXDon

Post by PXDon »

Cabelas in Fort Worth has some nice hex 91/30s and a couple ex dragoons for the taking. Hard to beat $129 these days.
Cosmoline guy

Post by Cosmoline guy »

I can't wait for the new Cabela's to open near me next fall. I really dislike going into Gander Mountain for anything if I can help it.
Thankfully I have Fleet Farm near me plus an LGS to look at too.
professor9

Post by professor9 »

Was just at the Cabela's in Phoenix. About 20 or so on the rack, some of them as low as 129. All round receivers. A few snipers were there in the 500 dollar range, and I only could presume that included the scope but the scope was not attached.
Prof
1915 Westinghouse Finn, Fox Receiver, SA marked
1942 Sako M39
1953 Hungarian M44

Spirit with a vision is a dream, with a mission... RIP Neil Peart
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

Cabelas in Dundee MI has 20+ war time Izhevsks in post war stocks for $169. I didn't see any sales sign.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Final "take" from the Cabela's sale: the 1926 Tula, a 1931 Tula, and a 1938 Izhevsk which I bought as much for the stock as anything else. Though the '38 is nice in its own right, it's the only round receiver I own. So far.

I also helped three guys, one on each trip. The first was a young fellow, the second an older gent, and the third was the father of a member if my Air Guard wing. I had no idea who the latter was (nor him, me) until he said, "You look like you know what you're doing. Can you help me?" Here, his son, who is deployed, sent dad to see if he could find a "hex" receiver while son is in a far away place. I'm happy to say that I got all three set up with "hex" receiver rifles.

A Merry Christmas to all!