receiver 1944 M-39

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
notabiker

receiver 1944 M-39

Post by notabiker »

i just picked up a 1944 SAKO M-39. i was looking it over and wanted to get a idea of who made the receiver. on the bottom of the tang it is marked with a large and clear # 2 only. nothing else on the receiver is helping identify the maker or year. i looked at the tang with a magnifying glass and like i said it has a large clear # 2. thanks. I am so pleased to finally add a Finn the my mosin collection. Going to shoot it this Sunday.
when i took the stock off i expected to see it shimmed, no shims ?. i guess they did not shim them all. this rifle was in its storage grease and i am sure nobody has messed with it.
desdem12

Re: receiver 1944 M-39

Post by desdem12 »

Congrats :thumbsup: Without pics it would be darn near impossible to tell and with pics still may not tell. Not all rifles needed shims if they fit the stock and met accuracy standards. :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
notabiker

Re: receiver 1944 M-39

Post by notabiker »

Yea i think the receiver maker will remain a mystery.O well no big deal. thanks