Remington, Westinghouse, and Chatterault

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Paladin

Remington, Westinghouse, and Chatterault

Post by Paladin »

Been a little bit since I've posted but I thought this was worth posting. At the Dallas Arms Collectors Assoc. Thanksgiving gun show I found multiple vendors with this trinity of Mosins. I will recommend if you are looking to add these to your collection and you are able to go to Dallas in January you may want to hit the DACA show. I will be hitting this show and taking more cash so I can pick up one of each. Just some ideas if your collection isn't complete without these now you know where to find them. :Drool1: :Drool1:
As they say the pen is mightier than the sword...however that also means the pen is far more dangerous than the sword. The sword can take your life or your limb but can not take your freedom, the pen can. A wary patriot watches the pen as it can steal his freedom. The wary patriot knows he can use the pen to take power from those who wish to use the pen for evil, but keeps his rifle close by his side "just in case"!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Remington, Westinghouse, and Chatterault

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ponkydoodles

Post by ponkydoodles »

Thanks for the heads up. Can you remember how much they were asking? Im tempted if they're not too over the top.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I still need a Chatterault... :cry:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That show will be 10 miles from my door. Are the Sellers dealers or private sellers?
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Rongo wrote:I still need a Chatterault... :cry:
You and me both, Rongo. The elusive Chatellerault.
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

ponkydoodles wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Can you remember how much they were asking? Im tempted if they're not too over the top.
$450 for the Remingtons and Westinghouses and $875 for the Chatterault
As they say the pen is mightier than the sword...however that also means the pen is far more dangerous than the sword. The sword can take your life or your limb but can not take your freedom, the pen can. A wary patriot watches the pen as it can steal his freedom. The wary patriot knows he can use the pen to take power from those who wish to use the pen for evil, but keeps his rifle close by his side "just in case"!
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

bunkysdad wrote:That show will be 10 miles from my door. Are the Sellers dealers or private sellers?
Private sellers if I remember correctly
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

TulaTom wrote:
Rongo wrote:I still need a Chatterault... :cry:
You and me both, Rongo. The elusive Chatellerault.
I still need all 3 so I plan on going back prepared this time I went VERY underfunded last time
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

Paladin wrote:
ponkydoodles wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Can you remember how much they were asking? Im tempted if they're not too over the top.
$450 for the Remingtons and Westinghouses and $875 for the Chatterault
:big shock: :big shock: :big shock:

Good god i would have run away from those.
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
neal45

Post by neal45 »

That is likely what you will have to pay if you really want a Chatellerault. I paid more for one of mine.

The Remington and NEW would have to be special; but a very few of them are $1,000 guns. You just have to look them over well.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The old day prices are few and far between. These have hit the big times. The secret of their amazing coolness is no longer a secret, and now it requires some good luck to find one at a low price.