Heartbreaking

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ponkydoodles

Heartbreaking

Post by ponkydoodles »

While searching around the gun sites on the internet I saw this posting and nearly cried

'For sale: Sporterized finnish M39'

Not a scope on it, just butchered
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Heartbreaking

Post by bunkysdad »

You gotta have a hide like a rhino if you are gonna have a preservasionist heart and mind. Bubba don't give a crap about nothing but bubba.
Chiroptile

Post by Chiroptile »

I think I know the one you're talking about.. Really makes me angry, especially when the seller makes the description sound like they improved on the rifle, and the asking price reflects it..

Saw an "Obrez Replica" up for sale a couple of days ago, too..
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Just another shitbird with a saw and no brains, get used to them, they are the majority of the electorate out there today.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

Wow. There is little to nothing that can be done to improve any piece of history. The mona lisa wouldnt look better in a bikini. I can understand putting the rifle in a different stock to protect the original, but thats about it...
cep89

Post by cep89 »

What kills me is they price it higher than the cost of the gun and the parts, like they should make a profit for ruining it's collectable value.
Sgt lamb

Post by Sgt lamb »

yeah i saw it too not to mention being a bubba. was totally arrogant "dont make low ball offers, i can easlly sell the stock on ebay for a 100bucks"thought ,good sell the aftermarket stock and beat yourself senseless with the action.........Maybe a bit Harsh.....
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

I see this stuff in our local classifieds all the time, not just Mosins, lots of Mausers and gulp, Arisakas, they seem to have met the saw more than most. The Mausers and Arisakas are all old time Bubba jobs, the Mosins on the other hand are meeting Bubba as I write this, what really kills me is what they want in terms of money for their handy work, they actually think their "improvements" enhance the value somehow.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
akguy1985

Post by akguy1985 »

sad :(
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

The one that gets me going are the guys who say, "I want to keep this one original, and restore it back to its Russian red and then reblue it"... Which part of original don't you get bubba??? Also if that's his idea of "original" what has he done to modify others??
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The guys that upset me most are the ones that say they only bubba the common ones, or think common wartime refurbs are ok to screw up because they are common. Idiots are common too but we don't chop them up.
ponkydoodles

Post by ponkydoodles »

So they spend money to ruin a rifle forever and make it worth a lot less. As the saying goes down here in Texas...... 'You can't fix stupid'

Has anyone ever asked a Bubba why they ruined a such a good rifle?
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
I was at a show in NW IND. last week. I seen a M-38 :very mad: some cheap tacky scope, sanded and more coats laquer on it then a coat factory. I was looking at it, the guy told me "that's a mans rifle honey". I replied that must have been for a small man. Gave him my evil look, and walked away. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
daveshady

Post by daveshady »

Every Time a Bubba kills a rifle... Santa kills a puppy....

Stop the VIOLENCE

Sad so SAD :b sad:
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Judi and her Mosins wrote::soapbox:
I was at a show in NW IND. last week. I seen a M-38 :very mad: some cheap tacky scope, sanded and more coats laquer on it then a coat factory. I was looking at it, the guy told me "that's a mans rifle honey". I replied that must have been for a small man. Gave him my evil look, and walked away. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
Bet he has no idea that 2 million Russian women carried rifles like the one you mentioned in The Great Patriotic War :roll:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Who the hell talks like that? Were do they come from? In NY if a guy opened his mouth to say something like that to a woman at a gunshow, or the range he had better have all the kids he wants, because .001 second after saying it he can kiss future kids goodby unless he adopts.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

bunkysdad wrote:You gotta have a hide like a rhino if you are gonna have a preservasionist heart and mind. Bubba don't give a crap about nothing but bubba.
:pointup:

Sometimes you run across these... It's not the rifle's fault.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
daveshady

Post by daveshady »

i saw a SPORTED up M24 today online... I cried a little
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Semper Fi, Judi, and your response was that of an Officer and a Lady. :furious:

Carry On and As you were... :biggrin:
InOmaha

Post by InOmaha »

Joeinthehills wrote:
Semper Fi, Judi, and your response was that of an Officer and a Lady. :furious:

Carry On and As you were... :biggrin:
Yah, my wife would have asked him, "Then, why's it at your table?"