New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

clasicarbuff wrote:Hi everyone and thanks for having me as a member, My name is Mike and like so many of you have become a bit of a Mosin Finnatic. With Finns being some of my favorites. A few of my friends say I have gone overboard but I don't think so. I have amassed over a hundred now but I am slowing down. If I could part with some of the duplicates I could have room for more. I built four racks of twenty and filled them all and have not space for another rack so some of mu beauties stay in the safe or closet untill thier turn comes around. OK enough of me for now, talk to you again soon...Mike
Hitting a hundred is only a problem if you run out of room for more, otherwise it is perfectly normal behavior. Keep up the good work, and welcome to the board :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Spaxspore wrote:Hey guys,

Most of you will probably recognize me over at gunboards.com.

Its where i normally hang out. Thus my few posts here.

But i have decided to hang out here more. The constant pampering to a certain bad apple over there by the administration has made me accelerate my decision to go where the light is.

I don't have to worry about him here; because you guys have already handled him.. which i applaud you.

My main focus in collecting is the mosin nagant; i prefer the m91, but like them all. I am a purist by heart, so i think i should fit in fine here.

Thats it, just wanted to say hello.

All the best,

Kirk

I think I just welcomed you a little while ago in another thread, I recognize that M91 :thumbsup: The kid left us a few days ago, sometimes it happens, what can you do? We are purists here, and I will be thinking up some new rules for the sales section after what I hear was going on elsewhere with the kid.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
aphayamouk1986

Post by aphayamouk1986 »

Hi I am new to this forum (please don't delete me)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

aphayamouk1986 wrote:Hi I am new to this forum (please don't delete me)
I see you, welcome to the board :) :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

3-line fan wrote:Hello all, glad to be here. I currently own two Mosin Nagant rifles. One I purchased and one I was actually lucky enough to win at a "Friends of NRA" banquet as a door prize. I'm looking forward to gaining lots of new knowledge here about my rifles, especially that door prize one. It's an odd duck; I can't seem to find another with the same features. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures of it soon so I can learn what it is!
Welcome to the forums!. Post some photos on the regular Mosin forum and they will tell you all you need to know about it. We have a great bunch of guys here and they love photos!

Welcome again!

dolk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

clasicarbuff wrote:Hi everyone and thanks for having me as a member, My name is Mike and like so many of you have become a bit of a Mosin Finnatic. With Finns being some of my favorites. A few of my friends say I have gone overboard but I don't think so. I have amassed over a hundred now but I am slowing down. If I could part with some of the duplicates I could have room for more. I built four racks of twenty and filled them all and have not space for another rack so some of mu beauties stay in the safe or closet untill thier turn comes around. OK enough of me for now, talk to you again soon...Mike
....Mosin mania! We love them here! Welcome aboard, pull up a chair and get comfortable because we have a lot here!

Dolk......
Biocubehqi

Post by Biocubehqi »

Hello everybody! New here!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Biocubehqi wrote:Hello everybody! New here!
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Biocubehqi wrote:Hello everybody! New here!
Hello "new"! ;mywink;

Welcome aboard!

Dolk
dft

Post by dft »

I just got my first sniper Sunday, still trying to find time to get the preserative out of the bolt and barrel. Got a M1891/30. BTW, how does one open the Russian ammo cans without tearing them up? :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

dft wrote:I just got my first sniper Sunday, still trying to find time to get the preserative out of the bolt and barrel. Got a M1891/30. BTW, how does one open the Russian ammo cans without tearing them up? :D
Can opener, these come with the wood crates, but not the individual spam cans, Copes may still have a few for sale. Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

dft wrote:I just got my first sniper Sunday, still trying to find time to get the preserative out of the bolt and barrel. Got a M1891/30. BTW, how does one open the Russian ammo cans without tearing them up? :D
Hi dft,
First sniper, or first Mosin? Welcome to the forums. Post some photos of your sniper, the guys love photos!

Dolk
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Can opener, these come with the wood crates, but not the individual spam cans, Copes may still have a few for sale. Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Welcome aboard. Yeah Cope's has the openers for sale. Actually they lowered the price to $3.99 http://www.copesdistributing.com/cyber- ... -7559.html
VietVet6566

Post by VietVet6566 »

I go with the handle of Hillbilly,cause I am from Alabama. :D

And no I don't have a SECOND for anyone,don't ask............and I have plenty of ammo...... :pointdown:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

VietVet6566 wrote:I go with the handle of Hillbilly,cause I am from Alabama. :D

And no I don't have a SECOND for anyone,don't ask............and I have plenty of ammo...... :pointdown:
Welcome to the board Hillbilly :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Alabama, just like that Forrest Gump fella we met a few years ago :lol: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
clasicarbuff

Post by clasicarbuff »

Hello to all my fellow mosin mania friends, it feels good to know there are so many of us and that almost any question can be handled by someone in this group. I will get some pics up of my modest assortment. I started thinking that I would get some milserps, you know a little of each. But when it comes to the Mosin Nagant there is no such thing as one of each because each one tells a story of its own, so I want them all. Anyway, glad to be here. And thanks in advance... clasicarbuff (Mike)
mishaparem

Post by mishaparem »

Picked up a Mosin last week with a PE scope mount. It's my first firearm, so i'll have lots of questions that seem trivial no doubt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

clasicarbuff wrote:Hello to all my fellow mosin mania friends, it feels good to know there are so many of us and that almost any question can be handled by someone in this group. I will get some pics up of my modest assortment. I started thinking that I would get some milserps, you know a little of each. But when it comes to the Mosin Nagant there is no such thing as one of each because each one tells a story of its own, so I want them all. Anyway, glad to be here. And thanks in advance... clasicarbuff (Mike)
Welcome to the board Mike :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mishaparem wrote:Picked up a Mosin last week with a PE scope mount. It's my first firearm, so i'll have lots of questions that seem trivial no doubt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Don_Don_G

Post by Don_Don_G »

mosin receiver 4.JPG
mosin receiver 5.JPG
mosin receiver 3.JPG
mosin receiver 2.JPG
mosin receiver 1.JPG
mosin receiver.JPG
Hello Everyone!

Thank you for having me in your forum.
I recently purchased a Mosin from our local gun store. But I cant seem to figure out what kind it is. From the extensive researched ive made i am guessing this could be a dragoon carbine.. ? maybe i dont know..
unfortunately most of the markings including the build date is very hard to read. But i do see a russian "Start" and a "T" on the Hex Receiver and other markings that i cannot make out to be. There is also a mark "IZ" and "XIX" on the butt stock. Non of the numbers match. Also the rear sight is NOT your typical 91/30 The graded numbers are "4 6 8 12" on the rear sight with a single pin.

By the way do you know what kind of scope mount i can put on a single pin rear sight? Im having a hard time finding a scope mount for this gun. Sorry ALL for the questions. Please see pictures below to get a better idea of what Im yupping about :) Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.