Spam Can Prices

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Mike

Re: Spam Can Prices

Post by Mike »

I ordered a crate today, it cost me $40 more than the last one I ordered in December of 2012, close to $100 per can delivered, it took me several months to order because I really didn't want to pay that much more, even though I know that is the reality of ammo prices these days. Having said that, if I found cans at my LGS for $119 I would probably pay it to support them, I also know that a year from now that will be a good price so those cans I have in stock will be bargains.

As an example, several months ago I paid about $40 more than the going rate for my T53, now, that would be a good price, in a year it will probably be a bargain.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
hoshow

Re: Spam Can Prices

Post by hoshow »

Online prices are reasonable, but locally $119 would be a good price for me. The three places near me that sell spam cans are charging $120, $149.99, and $169.99 respectively :big shock:. I need to order another crate quick before these BS SAFE Act restrictions kick in :angry4:.

Someplace (AIM I think) was just charging $69.99 a spam can last week for the rusty cans (ammo is still fine) :thumbsup:. Copes has decent prices and low shipping.
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23