M 98 Mauser PW Arms.

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: M 98 Mauser PW Arms.

Post by millman »

bunkysdad wrote:My local GM has several models of various Yugo Mausers, the 24/47 is 349.00 and very nice and clean. The other M48 models are 399.00. I don't know the exact models. Some had cupped butt plates, and some did not. Some had straight bolt handles and some bent. After awhile they all got me confused.:P
BD don't you have one of the Yugo redone K98's? Scrubbed with the Mod 98 Still on the receiver?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I do. It's a Yugo crest redone k98k. All of the German marks are gone except for mod 98 on the receiver and it has the PREDUZECE 44 on the side.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

bunkysdad wrote:I do. It's a Yugo crest redone k98k. All of the German marks are gone except for mod 98 on the receiver and it has the PREDUZECE 44 on the side.
That sounds to me like what the OP was describing. Care to post a pic or link to pics?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

bunkysdad wrote:I do. It's a Yugo crest redone k98k. All of the German marks are gone except for mod 98 on the receiver and it has the PREDUZECE 44 on the side.

Just went to Gander Mountain today, and walked out with one of those. My wallet was also made lighter. So far I've found three Waffenamts they missed. One on the rear sight ramp. Its so small I can't make out the numbers. Two on the right side of the barrel, or maybe its a sleeve for fastening the rear sight to the barrel. They're marked "WaA77". All dimensions pan out for K98k, Laminated stock, no goofy electro pencil numbers, but stamped. Milled trigger guard and floor plate. Just found a fourth Waffenamt...214 on extractor.

"VERRRRy Interesting.........
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
Armor, Cavalry, Infantry, Recruiting, Transportation
1st Cav, 4 ID, 8 ID, 82d Airborne
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:dont: :shock:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

OK......if you insist..........and it does have a cleaning rod. I just put it back together and forgot that.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice...a miniature rifle :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

A guy I work with bought one of these off of a local classified ad board. $220. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9266&hilit=+k98

C. S. Lewis
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

desdem12 wrote:Nice...a miniature rifle :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You r're right...........runt of the litter..............
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Looks like a good en from the one foto :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

desdem12 wrote:Nice...a miniature rifle :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
STOP THAT!!!!! I think a little pee just came out..... :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

I'd always wanted a Mauser, since I was a kid growing up with WWII movies. I could probably have bought one with alal the bells and whistles Waffenamts, codes, markings, and in good shape to boot. I could have gotten all that for about 4x what I paid for this one. But what the heck, I don't run a museum, I'm a shooter. I know this Mauser has its history, albeit not ever to be known.......and it looks good. It goes with my K98 bayonet (mint), and my Y straps, bread bag, canteen, ammo pouches, and EM belt (Gott Mit Uns buckle and all) thatI bought from a war surplus store in Mainz Germany almost 35 years ago. All I need now to complete the kit is an authentice M35 helmet (IMA here I come), and a sling and cleaning kit............maybe a gas mask and carrier.............may be a P38 and holster......maybe......maybe......$$$$$$$$$$
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice. :thumbsup: I saw somewhere there was a batch of the p38s or p1s not too long ago that wasn't way high in price, maybe at alans armory. :D
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Hey this one does look like mine. I even remember seeing a tiny Waffen on my rear sight too. I have not had it out in awhile, and I cannot locate my old pictures. I am going to take some new ones. It is my understanding that these were sent? to Yugoslavia and were intact German K98's that were Yugo marked, as where the M38's were actually made in Yugoslavia on equipment they got from Germany? Is any of what I just said correct, as I am going off of fuzzy post-thanksgiving-manic Monday- memory.:P
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

About what I'd read. The package deal of war reparations - weapons, parts, machinery -wOW, what a garage sale! I can't say for sure, but I don't think mine is a "parts" gun. Everything just seems to be right. It might not mean anything at all but the finish is such a uniform blue, just like you would get on a commercial hunting rifle here, the numbers that are stamped all match and make sense (receiver, bolt, stock, magazine floor plate). What would probably(?) be the original Mauser "Mod.98" stamp on the side of the receiver is clean, clear and distinct, in an attractive font. Then there is a Yugo(?) stamp on the L side of the forward ring "PREDUZECE 44" in a different font, but just as good looking. The R side has a four digit serial number starting with the letter M that appears more "industrial" but properly done, with all figures slanting to the left. The bolt may be "parts" as where the SN should be on the flat top of the handle where it joins the bolt body, its smooth (either never stamped, or ground smooth), and the SN is professionally stamped running down the lenght of the handle. There are NO etched or electro-pencil markings at all. Even the process done to remove the unwanted Nazi markings was done relatively neatly, not like some of the "capture" weapons I've seen pics of. I almost get the impression that the Russians TRIED to make them ugly!!! Oh! By the way.......I found a fifth Waffenamt on the metal cap that serves as the mount for the bayonet lug...I can make out the figure and the number 280. I'll try to get pics later...........those damned things are TINY!
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I like the Russian captured rifles too. I don't mind a "ugly" milsurp rifle. It is good way to get a k98, or used to be. Now they seem to be well around 400 bucks or more many times. I need to start reading my post better. My post above didn't even make sense before I made a few corrections. Dang word corrector.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

PICS?????????????? :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

millman wrote:
bunkysdad wrote:My local GM has several models of various Yugo Mausers, the 24/47 is 349.00 and very nice and clean. The other M48 models are 399.00. I don't know the exact models. Some had cupped butt plates, and some did not. Some had straight bolt handles and some bent. After awhile they all got me confused.:P
BD don't you have one of the Yugo redone K98's? Scrubbed with the Mod 98 Still on the receiver?
I took some more pictures this evening, but indoors. I want to get outside when it dries up and get a bunch more. I have been finding several tiny Waffenampts. It looks like all the numbers match, except rear sight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice. :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt