Something new came home with me yesterday

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Burrhead

Something new came home with me yesterday

Post by Burrhead »

Well guys the Jap rifle deal fell through when I got the rifle home and took her apart the inside of the stock was a mess but worse the firing pin was broken.something I hadn't noticed at the shop, anyway I took it back and that money was kind of burning a hole in my pocket and the shop was running the Ruger SR1911 on special for $629.95 new in the box with a bushing wrench, two magazines, and a ruger soft case, so to recover from the disappointment I bought this to make me feel better ( that bonus was burning a hole in my 62 year old pockets). They had 50 of these to sell at this price when they started the sale at the first of the month and they are down to about 20 now, I got mine and a nice weapon it sure is. I was glad I took this week off as I wanted to shoot as much as I could, sure aren't seeing much in the way of a Deer so I guess I'll shoot paper instead. Here's two picture of the gun one from the Williams web sight and one I took last night at my desk.
Burrhead
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimpierce7

Re: Something new came home with me yesterday

Post by jimpierce7 »

good looking pistol.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

That was money well spent. :Drool1: :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

My goodness Burrhead. Now you have done it. You gave me a heart attack! That is a spanking good deal on a stainless steel 45 Ruger. I hate to say it, but I am glad the rifle deal fell apart. You are gonna have a great time chunking 230 gr pills downrange.
Captthundarr

Post by Captthundarr »

Oh yes that is sweet
1942 Izhevsk
Live, Laugh, Love
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

Nice looking 1911! I am trying to close a deal on a Colt Wiley Clapp Commander... :D
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Captthundarr

Post by Captthundarr »

Super sweet, I got a bone for 1911's
1942 Izhevsk
Live, Laugh, Love
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

Just something about a good 1911... The Prophet, JMB, made one hell of a design. :D

I often wonder if he was a cousin to the Mosin makers...
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

When I got my Colt years ago, it had Pachmayr grips, then I experimented with the simulated ivory, then more but different Pachmayr grips. Recently I found a set of original style grips with the Colt medallions and like them a lot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

My Colt 1991A1 is still wearing the original grips I got with the gun when I purchased it in. That was December of 1994 and I have never felt the need to change the grips. I think the only gun I have changed the grip panels on my my Ruger MKII 22 and I have the originals in the gun safe down stairs. I try and keep everything so I cn put them back to original if I want. So far I like the grips on the SR1911 and we will see what the future holds for that but right now I'll stick to the originals.
Synack

Post by Synack »

Very nice! Was that from Williams Gun Sight in Davison? I've been very tempted to make the trip out there (I'm ~60 miles away from either home or work). I've heard good things about that place.
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

Synack wrote:Very nice! Was that from Williams Gun Sight in Davison? I've been very tempted to make the trip out there (I'm ~60 miles away from either home or work). I've heard good things about that place.
Let me put it this way, I have a season pass to the range and shoot there about every two weeks when work doesn't get in the way, the Boss get's me a new pass for our anniversary every year (she's a good wife). They are one of the best stocked gun shops I have ever been in and their prices are usually lower than any of the other shops I frequent. I'll shop around but usually wind up buying from them. I have done business with them for over 30 years and never had a problem that didn't get corrected.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It sounds like they have learned the value of having a customer for life, rather than trying to make a killing on a single transaction. My kind of place.